NJMP 5/12

Dieselboy

Who's in for this? It's immediately following the 24 hours of lemons, and last year the track was a disaster afterwards.

Control Rider
N2
We've been in contact with the track over this. We will inspect the surface prior to the event and work with the track to clean if necessary.

We will also be posting the modified paddock entry schedule as soon as we have all the details. Last year wasn't bad and most of us just hung out at the club house until the paddock was open. I'm sure we'll have a whole section of N2 guys there, so stop in and say hello!

Shinobi

Wanted to make this my 1st N2 day and the first track day this season. Trying to arrange a ride share at the moment. I saw there was a car event on the track 5/11 is that what you meant Diesel? I guess they leave a bunch of rubbish and rubber around?

Dieselboy

David;n593898 wrote: Wanted to make this my 1st N2 day and the first track day this season. Trying to arrange a ride share at the moment. I saw there was a car event on the track 5/11 is that what you meant Diesel? I guess they leave a bunch of rubbish and rubber around?
Its the 24 hours of Lemons, a bunch of < $500 junk cars race for 24 hours. They tend to leave lots of oil and other fluids/debris around the track.

Shinobi

Dieselboy;n593923 wrote:

Its the 24 hours of Lemons, a bunch of < $500 junk cars race for 24 hours. They tend to leave lots of oil and other fluids/debris around the track.

OIC :banghead: hahahah ....last year one of my days out on Thunderbolt someone spilled a ton of oil from their bike @ the left hander/turn 5. I sat in the bleachers alongside and they had it up in about 40minutes. That means they can do 8 spills in 320minutes :popcorn:&#8203; if they worked non-stop. just KIDDING ........ I gotta make this date especially since it's the 1st local TD and I'm new to :cr:.

mike574

Here is a video I took of me and Colin (dieselboy) on the day he was talking about. All of the oil dry you see was not from any of the bikes that day but from the lemons race the day before. As you can see it was a mess, and the first session was a mess because no one knew there was oil all over the track A few (A) riders ended there weekend early b/c of the oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgcKuxPLINM

Shinobi

Well hot dang Mike lol hope they can do better than that. Cause I'm fixin to turn a wheel.........:squid: whhhhoooops .

nice gloves by the way my choice as well.

Pseudolus

Well that suks that it's after the Lemon race. I remember that last year but I think it was on Lightning? Either way, IN ITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
I'm in. Can't wait to get back to NJMP. We'll make sure the track in good shape for everyone. They typically do a good job there with prep.

mfour

Does N2 allow you to perform tech inspection the night before, or is it only the morning of?

This will be my first N2 day :)

sv650

Kendall
We've been in contact with the track over this. We will inspect the surface prior to the event and work with the track to clean if necessary.

We will also be posting the modified paddock entry schedule as soon as we have all the details. Last year wasn't bad and most of us just hung out at the club house until the paddock was open. I'm sure we'll have a whole section of N2 guys there, so stop in and say hello!

I might have missed it, has there been anything posted about an updated schedule? I'm hoping to show up Sunday night.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Great fun! The track was in pretty good shape after the lemons race. There was some oil-dry in a few turns, but they swept twice, it looked worse than it was. It was fine to ride over. I didn't hear of any issues. Much, much better than last year!