Njmp 8/20

dj life

Sup everyone,

I'm newer to Nesba (just did RA the 25 26 27th and had an absolute blast!!!!)

Anyone doing njmp the 20th????
Also if your coming from CT or westchester NY i have a 7x14 trailer and as of right now just one maybe 2 bikes going. Not sure if im leaving the night before or that morning but i would rather leave the night before and get a good nights rest.

Chris
#13 I 06 Gixxer1000

STEAKUM

Hey Chris...............John here, we were BSing at Richies shop today during the friggin Hurricane :eek:. I'll let you know what the rest of the season holds & I gotta see that Gixxer in action :adore: :wow:

dj life

Anybody know what time the gates open?????
Also are you allowed to bbq there? (propane btw)

Thanks
Chris

toptaz1000rr

i know the official word from the track officials was NO BBQing and no open flames of anykind...

i am going to bring a george forman and grill it .. :)

dj life

I checked there website and it says "no open ground fires" which i'm thinking is like a campfire not a bbq. We shall see though...

If they allow me and you guys wanna throw some food on the grill by all means come by... I have the Maxima Oils popup (black and red)

Chris

toptaz1000rr

i could be wrong ...i know the 1st day teh track was open when absolute was there the official was on the mic and said no bbq's...but like i said i could be wrong...

thats why i play it safe and bring the george foreman ..... you dont get the BBQ flavor.. but it cooks it all the same lol

burgers anyone ...lol

come on by and say 'HI' ill have the red and white FORTUNA replica...

Human Sweatball

Not being able to BBQ at NJNSP is not a major deal but is an irritant. Seems that there are a bunch of little rules either state or track imposed that could become a pain in the back side. One of the attractions for me at a track is how welcome bikers are at the venue. One reason I like VIR and Summit, always felt welcome. also why I wont go back to Pocono, dont seem to give a rats ass about bikers (apart from the crappy condition of the track and infield). I believe enough in NJMSP that I bought one of the Villas on Thunderbolt, I hope the accumulation of little rules does not :(takes the fun and welcome out of an otherwise great track

dj life

Yea its not a killer to me if i cant use the grill , i just like to eat a nice meal after im done for the day. I normally bring a couple steaks with me for the end of the day and burgers and dogs for lunch. It wouldnt make me not go there or put a damper on the day if i couldnt use it.

Chris

PJZOCC624

When you guys get back, could you post your impressions of the place? I'm going on 9/1 and can't effin' wait! I'd like to hear about the track itself, but all these little rules and such as well. (I'd like to bring my tailgait grill, but if I won't be able to use it, home it stays.) Have fun, kids!

MikeK

No BBQ's? Being an avid motocross guy I know how bad NJ can be with rules and regulations but no grills allowed at a facility? That is just flat out ridiculous and leads me to believe they are just looking to cash in on the food stand they have available. They will probably say the open flames and propane canisters are too dangerous, hope I do not need to remove the ones from the front of my RV next.

toptaz1000rr

sat there was a 'site' that had a bbq going they let it go for about 20-30 min and then made them put it out ...

i brought my george forman .. they cant say anything about grilling chicken/ dogs or burgers... its electric for pete's sake ... lol ..

dogs were not the same as on a bbq.. with bbq flavor... but when you are hungry ... grilled forman dog goes down the same lol ..

JGardy_781

The rules PDF is a bit obnoxioius on the web site - I'm leaving my pit bike at home, because I can't tell from the web site if "registering" it, per the regs, costs money (seems like it does), and how much (doesn't say that I can find). Not being able to use a propane burner to heat up some water for coffee in the AM after camping is a bit of a PITA, and the "Do not paddock on paved areas" statement has me a bit concerned about having to get the bike up on front and rear stands for warmers in the grass, gravel or dirt (shades of Pocono East with my bike tipping over because the rearstand went out of whack on gravel are in mind, as well as the same struggle in Jennings' "beach" they call the paddock).

They're so specific that they even have "No running on the stairs" posted as the last rule, and I'm somewhat amused that they have the new jersey restriction on pumping your own gas, just like everywhere else in the state, which just strikes you as just plain weird if you're from any other state where damn near anyone who can operate a motor vehicle is deemed qualified to operate a gas pump. I'm surprised "no running with scissors" wasn't mentioned somewhere in the rules and regs to appease whomever the attorney was that formulated them.

I most certainly get keeping the place nice (the "mothers new rug" argument from another post on the BBS), but with the consequence for breaking every rule either being unspecified fines (again, Moon enlightened us in another post that NESBA is fined by other tracks, behind the scenes, at least, for the members' "antics"), or flat expulsion from the premises doesn't make it feel like they're rolling out the red carpet for their paying customers...

Hopefully I'll feel like the drive is worth it, the dried mud on the track isn't what other people have made it out to be, and I actually am wanted on the premises, or I'll head back to Summit Main and brave the gravel traps that are 1 and 5 in exchange for some good ol' fashioned Southern hospitality.

We'll see come Wednesday...