NJMP Lightning 5/17-5/18: Great weekend!

9mmkungfu

Just wanted to say this past weekend was a fantastic event overall. Met a few pit neighbors, Mike and another guy who's name escapes me... but whose wife made the spiced rum cupcakes - awesome stuff there!

Weather..perfect.

Had a little chit chat with CR Glen on a classic R6 :D thanks for the pointers!

Finally sampled JimmyW's steaks - all the hype is true! Good stuff right there.. looked like Will was manning the grill and they turned out perfect.

One of the guys in our group crashed out on day one and could not ride on day two. We met a pit neighbor Anthony who was only planning to ride day one, but decided to ride day two after we convinced him.

John Farrell made it happen by letting my buddy sell his day to our pit neighbor with no problems or hassles. Not even a stink eye :D in fact, John came by to make sure we showed up at the pot luck later.

Thanks again guys!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Just wanted to say this past weekend was a fantastic event overall. Met a few pit neighbors, Mike and another guy who's name escapes me... but whose wife made the spiced rum cupcakes - awesome stuff there!

Weather..perfect.

Had a little chit chat with CR Glen on a classic R6 :D thanks for the pointers!

Finally sampled JimmyW's steaks - all the hype is true! Good stuff right there.. looked like Will was manning the grill and they turned out perfect.

One of the guys in our group crashed out on day one and could not ride on day two. We met a pit neighbor Anthony who was only planning to ride day one, but decided to ride day two after we convinced him.

John Farrell made it happen by letting my buddy sell his day to our pit neighbor with no problems or hassles. Not even a stink eye :D in fact, John came by to make sure we showed up at the pot luck later.

Thanks again guys!

Great seeing you this weekend. Alex and I had a great time hanging out and riding with everyone. On the way home Alex asked me, "Dad, will I be allowed to ride on the track some day?" He sees how much fun everyone has and can't wait to join in the fun. For now he's gonna have to enjoy the 4 wheeling adventures we go on.

Anthony, It was great meeting you this weekend and I'm glad we got you hooked up for the second day.

03bueller

Control Rider
I had a blast too!!! Worked with Jim Curtis on Saturday and I believe it was Rick on Sunday :) Can't wait to get out again!! My favorite pics from the days, I think both are from Sunday...
r09pn9.jpg

msdi5c.jpg

Danlavelle

Wanted to jump on and say thanks to everyone - was my first time on the track and I had an absolute blast. I was really taken aback by how helpful everyone was. Sorry for not remembering names but I need to give shoutouts:
- the tech inspection dudes for calming me down when I showed up five mins before tech closed (we got lost)
- Mark from Markbilt who hooked me up with leathers for the day
- every person who I asked what tire pressure to run, haha. Feel like I asked ten people at least but I finally got it right.
- All the CRs, including Bo, who gave me awesome tips and really allowed me to improve from the first session to the last. I was a completely new and improved rider by 5pm.

All the other folks in the beginner group for helping hints and fist bumps. If anyone has any videos from the beginner group send them my way!

I will absolutely be out for another n2 track day soon. Thanks all.

sv650

Kendall
I had a blast too!!! Worked with Jim Curtis on Saturday and I believe it was Rick on Sunday :) Can't wait to get out again!! My favorite pics from the days, I think both are from Sunday...

Ah, you were one of the other #11's that weekend! I think there was at least 3 of us.

It was a great weekend. It was cool to see Wyman blast around the track, and thanks to the CR's for all the help. Hopefully this coming weekend is as good!

USMC_10

Could not agree more with the above comments. Lightning was an absolute blast this past weekend!

To all the N2 Partners - you are running a fantastic show. Keep up the great work!

To the CRs - I met a few new folks I haven't met before, and to be honest, I didn't even need to ride with them on track to benefit from their help. It's no secret that this club has the best CRs in the business, and your volunteer time is not lost on the rest of us. You guys keep the sessions safe and the learning flowing. Much appreciated to all that came out and for the time (and gas/tires/travel/etc) you continue to put into this club.

Ahhh...and then there was watching Kyle ride the tires off the R1. No I don't mean figuratively, he litteraly rode two sets of Q3s down to the carbon core. Riding with him a few laps on the track was simply awe inspiring...and for those who attended his classroom sessions...tell me that class on sneaking on the front brake and loading the front tire didn't compelely change the way you think about entering a corner? Thanks N2 for the opportunity to learn from the best!