NJMP Lightning Roll Call - May 17 / 18

raylee

Dec 6, 2011
Thanks for the heads up, Len. Registering kept slipping my mind. In for Sunday, wish I could take off Saturday, but I already took off this week for T-bolt.

JimmyW

N2
Mar 20, 2013
What, what, what!

2011-ktm-rc8-r-track-2.jpg
Oh yea !!! I looked it up !!

Danlavelle

Jan 26, 2014
Question for the group - what is the policy on bringing dogs to the track? We have a well socialized cattle dog who would love to chill with my wife all day under the tent tomorrow. This will be my first track day so I have no frame of reference other than that we bring the pup to all my bicycle races and she loves it.

Of course we would bring tons of water, her leash, etc.

ridelater

Jul 12, 2008
There allowed. Just pick up after them. I bring a mastiff and a 60lbs mutt to most njmp days. I normally see a lot of dogs at the track.

andykurz

May 21, 2012
You usually see at least a few dogs at every day, I may have one on Sunday with me. Just realize that there is a lot of noise at the track, which bothers some pets.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Yup, what the above folks said about dogs. Also keep in mind there is no shade at the NJ tracks, no trees, etc. but it sounds like you have a tent for shade. Just wanted to mention it. There is a grassy section at Lightning where you can pit, which may be better than the tarmac. They of course must be leashed/tied.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Jul 12, 2008
Lancaster PA
We have the "Official" spectator/entry policy from NJMP

Gate opens at 7 PM
Gate closes at 10:30 PM
Pre Paid Camping/Villas/Suite you can enter at any time (phone number posted at gate to contact security)
Guest are free up until 10 AM
Guests ater 10 AM will be charged $5 as a spectator
Participants arriving after 10 AM should not be charged as long as it is obvious that you are in deed a participant in the event (with bike in tow).

If you have any issues at the gate that are covered above, have the gate contact the Director running the event. The staff at NJMP are good people but they have rules that they are in charge of enforcing. Please be kind to them and they will be kind to you.