number plates?

crash675

Im purchasing a dedicated trackbike and was wondering about number plates. Does it matter where it goes on the front? What color do they need to be? I know there is a difference between yellow and white I just can't remember what it is.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
crash675;232830 wrote: Im purchasing a dedicated trackbike and was wondering about number plates. Does it matter where it goes on the front? What color do they need to be? I know there is a difference between yellow and white I just can't remember what it is.
No number plates are needed with nesba. If you're ever planning on racing, WERA novice is yellow, expert white; so if you're planning on racing in the future that may be a consideration. Otherwise, for trackdays, you don't even have to have a "number plate" background. As long as the numbers are a good contrast to the color of your bike and are visible to the cornerworkers, you're good. As per the riders' manual, numbers must be placed on the front and/or the tail. The front numbers should be 6 inches tall. Mine are 5 and I've not had a problem. See my avatar...no number plate...

crash675

I would at some point like to compete. That's really why I wanted a dedicated trackbike instead of taking my streetbike to the track. So I guess yellow just to be on the safe side. Thanks for the info.