Off season NC off road riding, anyone?

bmart

Control Rider
I did a quick search for "sexy sand" images, but found none that were family friendly to post here!

bmart

Control Rider
And for those of you who want something to watch off season, have you tried Itchy Boots on Youtube? Today's might be some of the worst conditions I've seen her ride in. I'd never take anyone on roads like these, including myself!

Anyone up for some low key off road this month or next? I'll be out there!

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@bmart I actually want to try and get geared up to play this winter...what're a couple decent but cheap (sub $2500 or so) bike models I can keep an eye out for this summer that are legal and reasonable?

edit: also I prefer things on the more sporty/flickable side.

Last edited:

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Ducati-Pagina-Famiglia-Hypermotard-banner-full-1330x600-01_Copia-2.jpg

bmart

Control Rider
Brent's sarcasm...although it is funny how the red wheel paint guy ran out of paint on everywheel...

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My "neither" was directed at the "more power or better suspension" comment. I was just ignoring the ducati post.

bmart

Control Rider
I can tell you that I loved riding my friend's 450s at speed...the 250 Rally (and my little KLX) were much nicer to spend a whole day on, sedately.

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Appreciate it, going to focus on the 250. I am 4 hours away from you and 3 from GWNF, so I would be trailering.

bmart

Control Rider
There are many sources for routes, but gravel map is a nice one. Download the GPX files and load them to something free like Osmand and you're rolling.

1716133129611.png

1716133177436.png