Ok friends, Opinion and brainstorming time!

HavocCat

Chris
Glad for you...chasing gremlins can be costly and time consuming...

Heard that! Makes you not think about anything other than your bike when you are at work, with family, trying to sleep, doing laundry, cleaning the house.

Friends at work today caught me just blank staring- "you alright man?" ..... "oh yeah, sorry, I'm thinking about my bike..."

borislav

Control Rider
Great news, I'm quite sure I have it figured.

Poking through looking for where the locations of my main grounds are in my wiring harness, I come across an ebay link to a fuel pump relay harness.

I immediately recognized the one end of the plug as something I had just removed the other day because it had an open end on it....
I ended up not throwing this thing away because it's strange for me to un-plug something and leave the end just open, I always tape/close them up with something letting me know it's no longer in use.

Turns out, this big plug is supposed to have a relay in it, and a bracket on which it mounts, which is, low and behold, the fuel pump relay. DING DING DING!

Just got home, inspected the one I have, and sure shit, I have the short harness with two plugs but no bracket with relay anywhere to be found. (It's probably in the grass on the outside of the front straight at T-bolt.)

Boy.... someone is going to love me when they wreck a GSXR or need a random part. I have doubles of everything now.
Didn't I tell you to check conectors...!?;)

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I know I'm not the only guy on here that's experienced this first hand...

View attachment 2904
ROTFLMAO!!! I lived it. About three months ago I started building my first track bike. Two months into the build my wife asked me if I was seeing someone at school. I go to college so I am around a lot of pretty young women. I also had been on my phone constantly looking for parts and asking questions to people in the know like the N2 forum , but she didn't know what I was doing on the phone. I said NO! Why do you ask? She said you have been so distant for the past 2 months. I said "Remember the track bike I am building." She had this relieved shocked smile on her face and said "is that all, I can compete with that ". My reply was "Well you can try." We both laughed. I'm so happy she gets me.

Motofun352

Control Rider
True story that^...I was resurrecting my CB400F from a 2 years sleep. Did all the maintenance, carbs, valve adjust, etc. Put the battery in (was on a battery tender)...no start! 12.4 V at the battery so that was good. I could hear the solenoid click in, good...must be the starter so I pulled it and put it on the bench...nope it was good. Must be the solenoid put it on the bench...nope it was good. OK, bad ground some where, after chasing all the grounds, nope, no start! About ready to disassemble switches (MAJOR PIA) when I decided to throw a spare battery on it. There WAS joy in Mudville. :D

mpusch

Micah
Bike starts with the new fuel pump relay in place! Whooo! :D

My official report is that the relay must have burned up on re-entry in to the atmosphere. :eek::p

Great news!

I hear NJMP officially zoned the grass coming into the front straight as a NASA-approved landing site.

HavocCat

Chris
I'd love to have video of my crash, and when the bike vaulted dub in some snarky NASA radio chatter.
"And we have a roll program."