Our very own HondaGalToo (Judy)

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Very nice write up ..... and Judy looks really good in the picture YCRS used .... also like that A sticker on her wind screen:)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks, everyone! I thought it was cool they used my story! That picture was taken by sbImage/Event Photo Now. It's also my avatar picture!

devildogae

That's awesome, I am excited to get out there and learn, any advise for anyone looking to learn trailbraking better?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
devildogae;303892 wrote: That's awesome, I am excited to get out there and learn, any advise for anyone looking to learn trailbraking better?
The way it was explained that made sense to me is that you're "trailing off" the brakes whilst turning. Maximum braking is still done with the bike straight up and down, but as you approach your turn-in point, smoothly begin letting off the brakes, but leave just a bit of brakes on (~1%) as you turn in. I started just trailing as I tipped in (instead of letting off just prior to tip-in); eventually I was able to trail a bit further into the corner. As long as you're smooth, the tires should let you know when you're going too much/far. I haven't reached that point yet.

Judy, You convinced me into taking this 2 day class this Spring!! I will report back after I complete the school with thoughts of my own...Scott

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
scotman623;304027 wrote: Judy, You convinced me into taking this 2 day class this Spring!! I will report back after I complete the school with thoughts of my own...Scott
Awesome! It'll be money well-spent! I always say, when given a choice between spending money to improve your riding vs. buying some fancy go-fast parts for your bike - education wins out every time!