PcV map question

Unbroken13

I've got exhaust and pcV on the way for my 2010 r6... There are very few maps on the site for a 2010... But there are plenty for 08 and 09... Can I use one of those until I get my dyno appt?

whitarnold

Every individual bike and engine are different, even bikes from the same year. Using a predetermined map that was made for another bike (even if it is the same model and same year) will not help with your bike. You have to get to a dyno.

whitarnold

This is what I was told by Russel at Russel's Speed Shop in Birmingham Alabama while getting my bike tuned with a Bazzaz and creating some maps for pump gas and race gas. Russel explained it to me like this. A DYNO is only a measuring tool and not all dynos are the same. You map and dyno a bike to SMOOTH the power delivery out, not to make HP. Every bike and engine is not the same even if the roll off the production line, one behind the other. HP, power peaks, shift points, etc.... will all be different. He said that he's put two bikes (same year and same model) on the dyno purchased by a couple from a local dealership and there was 12 BHP difference and the RPM ranges were all different. Using someone else's map as a starting point is ok, 25% but you have to get to a dyno. Now, this could all be one big lie, but this is what he explained to me!

Unbroken13

I'm not looking for the horsepower at the moment... I wanna run ncbike next week and I can't get to the guy in time... Just wanna be able to ride it.. With out hurting it and it still be quick

R1Baby

Control Rider
I'm a dyno tuner, you will not hurt anything. Load the correct map and the bike will be in the ballpark. But like stated before, for best results have a mapped for your bike

Unbroken13

So will the 2009 map for my exhaust be ok?? Mines a 2010... The local dyno guy is swamped so it will be like 2 weeks...

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Unbroken13;288430 wrote: So will the 2009 map for my exhaust be ok?? Mines a 2010... The local dyno guy is swamped so it will be like 2 weeks...
Dude you'll be fine. Find a map that matches your bike as close as you can off r6-forum.com. Download it, install it on your PCV. Done and done. Again, 08-14 R6's are all the same. Just fine one that matches your set up and run with it.

This subject will yield 10 different answers from 10 different people. I don't mean to discredit anyone, but there's generally a pattern to it.

You have Technician A who recommends a proper custom dyno tune. Ironically, he happens to own a dyno shop. Coincidence? Uh, yeah sure. :rolleyes:

You have Technician B who sells Dunlop [Insert any other brand in here too] tires. He thinks Dunlop tires are the best. Again...coincidence?

You have Technician C who says the auto tune modules on the PCV/ Bazzaz's are garbage and tell you flashing your ECU is the way to go. Ironic, again, that they just happen to flash ECUs...

An off the shelf map isn't going to be perfect, but it's a hundred times better than running no PCV at all with exhaust modifications.

Personally, I run the auto tune set up. I like it. I've had people think they are complete shit. I have also passed some of those that said that on the straights, both riding R6's. Was my corner speed just higher, or is my bike pulling harder? Hard to say to be honest.

Bike runs fantastic, and I have no complaints with it. Might flash the ECU eventually to see what the hype is all about, but not real worried about it right now. And this unprofessional opinion is coming from a non-sponsored person who can't perform any of the services covered, so take it for what it's worth. ;)