Pitbull rear restraint

mpusch

Micah
You shouldn't feel nervous, means something is wrong... I'll do you a solid and trade you my ratchet straps straight up for it. I know I know, I'm a good person.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Well, I'd be nervous if I didn't have the clip installed on the left pin in your picture... ;)

But the first time I used it, nope. No worries at all. Once I saw just how stupid-over kill the design is, I never had a worry. If you think about it, there's actually not much force at all put on the TRS itself, as the weight of the bike still sits on the tires, all it does is really just keep it balanced.

The first trailer I had, it had 2 TRS systems. My enclosed trailer had 3. My toy hauler has 4. If you add up the transportation miles from each individual bike, I would easily have tens of thousands of miles with the TRS system. Out of all the things that go through my mind when I'm driving to the track, the Pitbull TRS is nowhere near on my radar of concern. That piece of mind, along with the super easy unloading/loading capabilities it gives, makes it worth the price of admission, without question.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Hmmm...interesting. Upon closer investigation, I see you don't have the normal clip style pin on the left like most bikes do (Like how your right pin clips in)

tryzbiak

Hmm, im sorry. This is my first time using this. Both pins/ clips are the same.
May the picture look weird. They are the same on each side.....

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
The 675R has a very skinny axle so the left one actually goes over the nut. There's no pin except for the R-clip which keeps it from backing out.

I always turn the bars to the left and put the steering lock on. I've had a couple dampers go bad from the jarring around. Don't worry, it will be absolutely fine. If anything, the integrity of the mounting material will be compromised before the TRS. It will wiggle a tiny bit, but rest assured it WILL hold.

tryzbiak

Left nut is covered, only right pin in axle....

Clips on both drop down and are pinned close. Feels good, just weird

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
That's normal. The first time I used one, I swear I stopped every half hour. Now, I don't even give it a second thought.

Rmcaninch600

Control Rider
You can if you want, but there is no need. I once , after a very long day of CRing in both I and N, forgot to put the safety pins through the floor latches. The bike still made it six hours home with out an issue. I always say whoever invented the TRS should win a Nobel Prize haha. For some one like me who is often at the track by myself it is the best $3oo I ever spent.

HavocCat

Chris
I was nervous the first time I used it. I can provide pictures of how I also hurricane strapped the bike on to my old trailer if you'd like.

I'm sure OttoMan remembers that :D

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I was nervous the first time I used it. I can provide pictures of how I also hurricane strapped the bike on to my old trailer if you'd like.

I'm sure OttoMan remembers that :D

Didn't know what you had in mind...thought maybe you were getting ready to take your bike/trailer to the filming scenes of "Mad Max" or something!

rhill

You can if you want, but there is no need. I once , after a very long day of CRing in both I and N, forgot to put the safety pins through the floor latches. The bike still made it six hours home with out an issue. I always say whoever invented the TRS should win a Nobel Prize haha. For some one like me who is often at the track by myself it is the best $3oo I ever spent.

The owner of PitBull didn't win the Nobel Prize, but he did work on design aspects of the space station!

Love my PitBull TRS. It makes loading/unloading quick, easy, space saving, secure....the TRS does have a couple drawbacks vs a chock, but I'm not going to stop using mine.

LesPow

Control Rider
I went a step further and installed a metal strip connecting bolts under 3/4 inch plywood, of trailer. I know the washers are good enough, but I wanted a better connection as wear and tear set in. I also inst. a wheel chock up front to assist with loading and stability. I use an open trailer also, I noticed when it rains that the front wheel moves from side to side putting more stress on the pins. So a chock helped. Or a light strapping down using canyon straps would make me feel better. I went a little further than most as its an open trailer and didn't want to have any problems, as with the enclosed trailer, the bike won't fall off/out into the street.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Les, I'm kind of planning the same thing for my TRS's. My trailer is also used for my car, which has VERY little clearance, particularly around the vicinity of both header flanges. As the car comes up over the beavertail in my enclosed trailer, that's the low point and it can very easily snag on the TRS studs

I'm making a pattern and welding nuts onto what is essentially a copy of the TRS base plate, and then mounting that under the trailer. That way, when I'm not using it I can just remove the TRS studs and nothing is left other than 4 holes per TRS mount. Put in low profile button head bolts and the holes are sealed and no corrosion while the TRS is not mounted.

On my little 5x8 open trailer I also want a strap on the front just for stability - though I'm pretty confident it's not really necessary. In the enclosed trailer I don't bother.