Pitt Raceway Labor Day Weekend Thanks

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Wanted to thank all the Staff and Directors for another great weekend at Pitt Raceway.

Another great event with great people and great food.

I don't think I've ever ridding that track better. All in all I had a pretty good year. Got a lot of my confidence back, fell in LOVE with the R6, and established a foundation to build on for next season.

Thanks!

mpusch

Micah
Agree! Awesome weekend. Only could stay for Saturday, but the weather was gorgeous and it was a good day overall. Bit sloppy in the morning....

Thanks all for the work putting the weekend on.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
And my apologies, but I forgot to say in my original post, I hope everyone's made it home safe traveling this Holiday weekend.

steftoff

My buddy Al told me about it. Said it freaked him out a little to see it happen. It was his bike that the guy hit. Glad he will be ok.

Stefan

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
It did, but at around 2 they called open track due to so few riders. I left around 2, figuring it would continue to rain on and off. After I left, the sun came out.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yup that happens occasionally if, for whatever reason there's a handful of people left. Open track isn't a free-for-all. I believe I group passing rules were in effect for all. You can just come and go as you please, following proper pit in and out procedures, of course

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I had a blast on Sunday! I did have rain tires on my bike (which by the way are 10 years old) and another bike with slicks mounted, just in case the track dried out, which it did for about 45 minutes. During that time, I spent a good 35-40 minutes straight out on track until the fuel light came on. You don't get that very often.

One thing people forget when it rains is that you can learn so much about your riding when the traction level is at a minimum. Proper lines, body position, handlebar inputs and throttle control are paramount at that point. If you can ride well in the rain, you can translate those skills in the dry when you are approaching the limits. Even with the rain, people were still moving really well and there were hardly any crashes. I really wish people would try riding in the rain more.

crash675

I enjoy riding in the rain. I tried rain tires for the first time this year. Wow what a difference. Riding in the rain will teach you to learn how to pick up on what the bike is telling you.