POWER GENERATOR

Shinobi

Yooooo : ) It's time for me to generate my own power. Any advice is sorely needed. These things get expensive, but I need it to camp, run warmers, fans eventually a little more like a small fridge or toaster oven etc. uhhh what we do at the track : )

I was looking at the Honda EU1000i or maybe spend a lil more for the EU2000i. Experience kindly weigh in please : )

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
For what you’ve listed, at a minimum you’re going to need a EU2000.

BTW, this entire game is expensive…:cool:

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
EU2000 or 3000. They are kinda pricey but if you ever decide to sell it, you could get back almost what you paid for it. I wouldn't spend the money on the EU1000 as it cant run a set of warmers.

motorkas

for the price of a 3000 you can get two 2000's with a parallel cable kit to run them together (it's what I did). . .that way when you only need one for the track with warmers ect, it's alot easier to manage than the 3000 and when you do get a toy hauler or electric in your trailer, you can run both paralleled and have more power than just one 3000. Also, you can get your house wired and use them paralleled to power most of your house in the event of a power outage (the two 2000's they sell as a kit, one will have a 30 amp plug).

I ignored everybody's advice about the Yamaha's and Honda and broke 3 generators in 3 months - then finally got the hondas and haven't had a problem since (had them running for 7 hours two weeks ago when somebody crashed and took out an electric pole and lost power to the house) . . .also like Emerson said - it's pretty easy to sell them if you have to.

If you do go the two 2000 route - highly suggest you get the following for when they are running paralleled:

http://www.wisesales.com/bergs-dual-feed-extended-run-tank-for-honda.html

check Amazon and ebay as well for the best deals. . .

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I have two EU2000i's and they are worth every penny. You can go cheaper, which I have done in the past, but they do not work like the Yamaha's or the Honda's. Plus, camping at night, you really want a quiet genny for yourself and your neighbors.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
By the way, the Honda EU2000i has a switch in the top of the fuel cap. If you remove the r-clip, remove the mechanism, then feed a hose through the hole and place the other end in a gas can. It will then syphon fuel and run much longer. Just need to find the size hose that fits snugly through the cap. Probably less than 5 bucks at Lowes. I will now give credit to Mike Daigle for that little piece of advice.

Shinobi

N2 is the bomb....thanks Vinny, Thunder, Kas, Otto & Emerson

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

Shinobi

I don't think I would buy used on this, but I'm sold on 1 Honda EU2000i to start with. G's not bad for what it does. Sounds like it'll run all day to power warmers and fans.

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I've run my 3000i for nearly 3 straight days without even a burp from it. Quiet reliable power for my warmers and my AC on my toy hauler.

It's like 7 years old now.

If it ever dies I won't hesitate to get another.

Shinobi

Schweet...... gotta step my pitt-game up. Moving west for seat-time and to build during winter. ......Chuckawalla weekend next month, no electric, no hotels nearby, just desert, camping OPEEEEEEEEN TRACK BABY!!! that info was needed and thanks

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

Naw, you don't need a Honda or Yamaha. Buy two or three Harbor Freight models with the two stroke motors, cut the muffler off and JonnyZ and I will show up and dump our spare race fuel and oil into so we can stink the pits up real nice to keep the bugs away (helps at NJMP, trust me) and make sure you park right beside Judy:p. She loves loud genny's! Cuz loud gennys save lives! One thing, make sure you also bring plenty of electrical tape...somebody keeps cutting our power cords:mad:

BZ

ekraft84

The inverters are extremely nice. We ran Honda's in the past and have run the Yamaha's for the past 4-5 years.

Honda East sells the Yamaha's (yes, odd, don't ask :). If you're looking for one, feel free to PM me and I can check on pricing.

We've run the 3500, 4500 and currently the 6300. As mentioned, I'd get the 2000 at a minimum, to be safe.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Just to throw in my $.02, you can't go wrong with Honda or Yamaha, but I picked up a used Ryobi inverter generator off the boards and it has been a great generator! Quiet like the Honda's, 2000 watts, slightly bigger than the Honda, and only $550 new from Home Depot. Great buy!