PowerCommander PC3 and Ignition module on a ZX6R -> 118Rwhp...

Lars

Jim from MaxSpeedCycles just called me up with the dyno result.

I started last year with a downloaded map from PowerCommander on my PC3 and after 3 TDs I got a custom map that gave me extra 10 Rwhp.
An Ignition module has just been added and a custom map gave me another 3 Rwhp.
End result is 118 Rwhp on pump gas and not bad on a ‘05 ZX6R with full Akrapovic Race Exhaust and KN filter.

My point is that custom maps really paid of in my case with a gain of 13 Rwhp.

No more excuses for being a slow a.. :(

Have a great day.

Cu @ the track,
Lars

Quickone4u

Wow, those are some great gains, especially to the wheel. I think I'm going to have to invest in a custom map for mine sometime this year.

Blaise

Fantastic gains! Just remember that power isn't that important in the greater scheme of things. I've passed my fair share of 1000s, but also been passed by SV650s.

It's 80% rider, 20% bike :)

ronhix

Nice numbers. But I think the biggest advantage of a custom map is smoooooooothing out the power curve and initial throttle response.

The fastest AMA bikes aren't necessarily the ones with the biggest HP numbers. Rather, they are the ones with many, many hours spent on a dyno working on making the bike as easy to ride as possible.

I heard the Graves Yamaha team and the M4 Emgo team spend RIDICULOUS amounts of time in the dyno room crafting that map. And then they will make a custom map each weekend using the onboard data to account for track conditions. All with the goal of making the bike as smooth and easy to ride as possible.

Take away from this? Tell the guy doing your custom map that the goal is primarily SMOOOTH power and secondarily max power.

Lars

Blaise;38718 wrote: Fantastic gains! Just remember that power isn't that important in the greater scheme of things. I've passed my fair share of 1000s, but also been passed by SV650s.

It's 80% rider, 20% bike :)
I thought it was all about the bike and how it looks :)
That might be the reason why I never made it out of the B gr.

Ron, I think you are right.
My requirement was a well driven, reliable bike and the last hp was not important.
Jim told me that is was smooth all the way trough the Rpms.
No I can’t wait to try it on the track.
I also had him making sure, that the quick shift that came on at the same time, was working perfectly. So the QS are adjusted on the dyno as well. I don’t know how important that is, but could imagine that bad QS settings could harm the transmission.

Cu @ the track,
Lars

crewnutz

ronhix;38720 wrote: Nice numbers. But I think the biggest advantage of a custom map is smoooooooothing out the power curve and initial throttle response.

The fastest AMA bikes aren't necessarily the ones with the biggest HP numbers. Rather, they are the ones with many, many hours spent on a dyno working on making the bike as easy to ride as possible.

I heard the Graves Yamaha team and the M4 Emgo team spend RIDICULOUS amounts of time in the dyno room crafting that map. And then they will make a custom map each weekend using the onboard data to account for track conditions. All with the goal of making the bike as smooth and easy to ride as possible.

Take away from this? Tell the guy doing your custom map that the goal is primarily SMOOOTH power and secondarily max power.
exactly right
most good tuners for roadracing would already do this.............the Graves bikes have a ridiculous amount of time involved in dyno & engine work.....Chuck Graves does some super secret tuning stuff on his engines, thats why it costs so much to get one built by them....

RollieManollie

Control Rider
Not trying to be a hater, but that is pretty high for the mods you have. Most dyno's read a bit different - some high, some low.

I could be wrong but, most pro SS bikes with headwork, degreed cams and run MR9 push about 122 hp.

BTW...I have a dyno print out that reads 142 hp for a stock 750 mapped for u4.2...lol!

Lars

RollieManollie;38744 wrote: Not trying to be a hater, but that is pretty high for the mods you have. Most dyno's read a bit different - some high, some low.

I could be wrong but, most pro SS bikes with headwork, degreed cams and run MR9 push about 122 hp.
118 Rwhp don't have to be correct, but the gain from the base line should be correct. I know about dynos, corrections etc. while doing a lot of car tuning in the past.

Cu @ the track,
Lars

Lars

My primary message with this topic is to let you know, that a random map download from the internet might not give you what you hope for.
Spending money on hardware, you might as well spend money on a custom map and get what you are looking for.

Cu @ the track,
Lars

zangman

Lars,
Ask Jim about my Blue ZX6R and the #'s it pulled last year after I tweaked the map a bit. Heh heh. Had him roll my stock 675 at 108 to the rear. Spot on for the stock #'s. Now I have to bring it up again now that I have an Ixil and K&N on it. then I'll mod the ECM with a tuneboy and have fun with it.

Lars

zangman;38756 wrote: Lars,
Ask Jim about my Blue ZX6R and the #'s it pulled last year after I tweaked the map a bit. Heh heh. Had him roll my stock 675 at 108 to the rear. Spot on for the stock #'s. Now I have to bring it up again now that I have an Ixil and K&N on it. then I'll mod the ECM with a tuneboy and have fun with it.
He just 'fixed' the dyno and added 10 hp just to make you feel good :)
I am looking forward to hang out with you again.

Cu,
Lars

rcr14

my results on my '03 zx6r, 115hp@wheel w/pcIII,vp u4,full hindle,k&n. after custom map. Don't use vp anymore back too pump gas.:(