PSA...check your bikes real well

buzz-06

So in my preparations for this upcoming weekend of fun for the first time this season I learned something. It is really important to check the bike over really well. I started the bike and smelled something funny, shut it off and started looking. Turns out Stuart little decided the space under my air box was a fantastic place to build his condo. I would post pics but I'm stuck with just an IPhone so I'm not sure how. If someone will post them for me I'd appreciate it. So to all make sure you go over your bikes really well before you hit the track for this first time.

Fastguy

I believe Judy once told me that allowing Stuart Little to keep his condo under your airbox is good for an extra 2-5 Hp.

So I'd say keep it and just disregard the smell.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Fastguy;274243 wrote: I believe Judy once told me that allowing Stuart Little to keep his condo under your airbox is good for an extra 2-5 Hp.

So I'd say keep it and just disregard the smell.
:eek::D I don't believe I've said that. I think a mouse up your tailpipe would add some speed.
What I have said is that it's good to always go over your bike. Cleaning it is a good time to inspect all bolts, etc.

LesPow

Control Rider
Last TD I found a nail in my tire when checking tire pressure...didnt feel strange just a routine air pressure check.
I believe Stuart Little placed it there after his eviction....I have some sticky pads for his a$$

If you cant just download them straight from your phone, try emailing them to yourself, then download them to your computer and post them from there.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Rasta;274281 wrote: Last TD I found a nail in my tire when checking tire pressure...didnt feel strange just a routine air pressure check.
I believe Stuart Little placed it there after his eviction....I have some sticky pads for his a$$
Always good to look over tires between sessions. When I was putting my warmers on once, I found a big hunk of safety wire in my rear tire. Had to pull it out with pliers, and needed a new tire as it was losing air. I hate when folks drop their safety wire clippings in the paddock.:mad:

GriffinD

HondaGalToo;274343 wrote: I hate when folks drop their safety wire clippings in the paddock.:mad:
...especially when there are trash cans all over the place. Friggin' degenerates. :doh:

buzz-06

Wow, I had no idea you could upload stuff straight from the phone...anyways here is Stuart's condo right before my shop vac evicted him

pefrey

HondaGalToo;274251 wrote: I think a mouse up your tailpipe would add some speed.
Richard Gere approves this message.

BTW OP make sure to check the insulation on your electrical. Rodents like to chew on it.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
HondaGalToo;274343 wrote: Always good to look over tires between sessions. When I was putting my warmers on once, I found a big hunk of safety wire in my rear tire. Had to pull it out with pliers, and needed a new tire as it was losing air. I hate when folks drop their safety wire clippings in the paddock.:mad:
What was that you said? You don't appreciate my safety wire clippings left in the paddock? Sorry, hard to hear you over my muffler-less generator.

I will pick some of the safety wire clippings up soon after I fire up my exuberantly loud motorcycle at 12AM, pegging it off the rev limiter just to make sure it still runs.

Sincerely,

Your most favorite pit neighbor ever.

:D

Myers

Control Rider
buzz-06;274230 wrote: So in my preparations for this upcoming weekend of fun for the first time this season I learned something. It is really important to check the bike over really well. I started the bike and smelled something funny, shut it off and started looking. Turns out Stuart little decided the space under my air box was a fantastic place to build his condo. I would post pics but I'm stuck with just an IPhone so I'm not sure how. If someone will post them for me I'd appreciate it. So to all make sure you go over your bikes really well before you hit the track for this first time.

You posted this in the wrong place.. . For posting up what you are bringing to the pot luck.. look for the "pot luck at the beave" thread. :)

you have to admit... that would be ONE FAST MOUSE! should you have NOT found his "toy hauler" ;)