PUMA GP1000 -vs- A* supertech R

Meat

TN10R;40932 wrote: Can anyone comment on the calf sizes of the supertech r vs the smx plus or the sidi vertigo corsa. I have been wearing smx plus for the past few years and they barely fit my calf. Got a pair of the corsas and the calf is too small. I can get them on no problem with just a sock, but no way leathers are going to tuck.

Thinking about trying the supertech r, but wanted some confidence they would fit. Cost almost $25 in shipping just to try on the corsas.
One other boot you may want to consider for big calves is a Dainese Axial Race boot. They go inside your leathers. My calf is too big for a SMX, but fits into an Axial Race without too much problem.

And I don't actually consider my calves big; it is just all the motorcycle boots seem to be made for toothpick calves. :eek: :D

RCR_531

I won't think that you have any problems witht tthe A* supertech R boots. I only use about half of the adjustment that it has for the calf and I not a Jockey size person either.

TN10R

Hey Meat,

I remember looking at your boots one day last year, but couldn't remember the model.

I don't consider my calves that big either, but apparently they are massive compared to little skinny euro bird legs, these things are made for.

Meat

TN10R;41023 wrote: Hey Meat,

I remember looking at your boots one day last year, but couldn't remember the model.

I don't consider my calves that big either, but apparently they are massive compared to little skinny euro bird legs, these things are made for.
They are the Dainese Stivale Axial Race (aka Axial Race) Boots. I absolutely love the feel and how comfortable they are on the bike. I don't recommend getting them at Kneedraggers, but here is a link to the boots. I have the blue and white ones for the track and the sliver and black ones for the street. The first few times you put them on it seems a bit difficult to get the zipper up, but once you learn the technique (after about 5 or 6 times is all), they are very easy to get on.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Dainese_Stivale_Axial_Race_CarbonKevlar--34-DAIN05-3.html

The only other boots I am considering, when I need a replacement, are the Frey-Daytona Security Evo's because of their unmatched protection and replaceable outer shell. I don't know if they will fit my calves yet, but I have heard they fit bigger calves....but we all know that "bigger" calves in road racing means normal calves in real life. :)

TN10R

Ordered a pair of supertech r. They fit very similar the the smx plus, as they barely fit with my leathers. I'm getting maybe 4 or 5 clicks on the adjusters. They actually fit slightly better, I can zip up the supertechs, where I couldn't on smx plus.

Dislikes again are also similar. Main issue is the outside zipper. A* claims this is to make inside against the bike smoother. The supertechs are improved as the zipper is more straight instead of curving up from the toe area. Still a pain to reach around to the outside to zip.

Overall I'm happy and will be keeping the supertechs. IMO both are superior to the corsas I tried. The corsas seem cheap compared even though they are $400+ boots.