Putnam 8/14-8/15

Grace

Regarding registration - I am the tall blonde you will meet/see at registration, bring your id, and you should be good. We have a list with your name on it and will have you sign a waiver of liability. If you have the release sign it and bring it and your id to registration and it will be a lot easier for you and us.

See you there!

By the way, if this is your first track day ever - be prepared to have an AWESOME time. You will love the track and NESBA for sure. Tons of help, just ask for advice and/or assistance and you will get it from any of the CRs.

racer23

beac83;145930 wrote: Log into your NESBA account, choose VIEW MY EVENTS, and select the Putnam date. Then click on the button to Send Email Confirmation. Repeat for the second day if you are doing both days. Open the emails and print. Sign and bring to Registration.

You'll be OK to go for Tech and riding.
Good advice bears repeating.

Kim

beac83;145930 wrote: Log into your NESBA account, choose VIEW MY EVENTS, and select the Putnal date. Then click ont eh button to Send Email Confirmation. Repeat for the second day if you are doing both days. Open the emails and print. Sign and bring to Registration.

You'll be OK to go for Tech and riding.
If you do this the girls at registration will love you. I'm just sayin...':)

cmiller83

Wish I could go. The blue bags on the outside of dead bear aren't that soft. Really when the bike goes air borin into it at about 70mph. Crash damage list from Sunday SED day from 2 weeks ago.

Both forks bent
Crushed radiator ( busted off track)
Both front and rear rims have flat spots.
Split race nose in half.
Steering dampner bent.

cecilio64

Wish we could be there, but the bikes are being crated up for their trip. Hope to see everyone at the Chili cook-off to say good-bye.....be safe......

sharky nrk

Back in IN from traveling for work, bike is loaded up, looking forward to tomorrow morning. First full day since my Intro session

Grace

I did three sessions in "I" Saturday and then rode in "I" Sunday most of the time (I did run a couple in "B" but was officially banned from "B" by Nichole.

It was so hot yesterday and with the number of people going down I just called it a day early (I had a guy go down right behind me in 7 in "I" then one dropped right in front of me in 7 the very next session).

I loved :i: but was intimidated by the speed you guys carry up there, it's all good though, plus it's more work - less time to rest hahaha. After almost ass packing Nolan going into turn 1 (I did save it and pass in the corner though) on Saturday because a guy parked it into the corner I realized it's time to move up.

rk97

Grace;146317 wrote:
I loved :i: but was intimidated by the speed you guys carry up there
Don't be. No one in "I" came into "I" as the fastest person on the track...

Grace;146317 wrote:
it's more work - less time to rest hahaha.

VERY true. I remember thinking the same thing.

Grace

Thanks for the encouragement Chris!

Ooooohhh just had thoughts/flashes of how cool Mid-Ohio would be now - AWESOME!!!!!

rk97

that back straight at Mid-Ohio gives even the Advanced guys a fair bit of time to rest :)

on a 600, you're going from 2nd to 6th; maybe only 5th with stock gearing, but it's still a nice little rest. And you need the rest to get through the esses and thunder valley!

trailmug

Grace;146317 wrote: After almost ass packing Nolan going into turn 1 (I did save it and pass in the corner though) on Saturday because a guy parked it into the corner I realized it's time to move up.
I enjoyed that I had to spend some time getting used to how to handle large closing speeds, but when it becomes a regular occurrence, and when you start diving into every corner on a B-group "passing line," it doesn't seem like you can learn much more there. I found this weekend that the techniques I learned for making it through :b: traffic didn't really work in :i:.. I'm all for learning how to pass again. ;)

Grace;146317 wrote:
plus it's more work - less time to rest hahaha.
While true, I found that I got to become acclimated to my new "comfortable" pace, without having to get back in the zone quite as often. Having what used to be your best lap become a comfortable norm, and thinking "I'm just going to take it easy" and setting new personal records is a pretty awesome feeling.. the spare brain cycles start to surface, and you get to do it all over again. :)

j_fuggin_t

rk97;146320 wrote: Don't be. No one in "I" came into "I" as the fastest person on the track...
:agree: i carry consistent 1:22's through there & Steve B goes through the same corner faster & one handed, we're all out there to have fun & times don't matter to me really, sure its nice to say yea i turned this but i remember that there could be 30+ guys turning better so its nothing really lol.

Grace i saw ya out there, you looked good & its hard to miss a pink RR out there, stay in I if your comfortable & just find slightly faster ppl than youself and make it a point to try to keep up with them, thats what i've done & its done pretty good, along with advice from Nolan, Kim, Palella, hell too many to mention & eventually the person faster than you is a CR . See ya at BHF

S3aturnR

Grace;146317 wrote: I did three sessions in "I" Saturday and then rode in "I" Sunday most of the time (I did run a couple in "B" but was officially banned from "B" by Nichole.
congrats on the bump! i definitely saw your bike (how can you miss that?!) but i didn't see you on track. for awhile i thought there must be 2 people riding the same bike because you were going to both groups.

i'm hoping one day i will be ready for I group. for now i'm enjoying being a fast-slow guy...

s3aturnr

Nolan1000

Grace;146317 wrote: I loved :i: but was intimidated by the speed you guys carry up there, it's all good though, plus it's more work - less time to rest hahaha. After almost ass packing Nolan going into turn 1 (I did save it and pass in the corner though) on Saturday because a guy parked it into the corner I realized it's time to move up.
Thanks for not hitting me!;) Our closing speed on that rider was so fast that I had to check up pretty hard. I instantly thought about where you were until I saw you dive to my outside. Good choice and great reaction skills. Congrats on your bump to :i:! See you at BHF.

Grace

Thanks Nolan! I blinked as I was closing in on Turn 1 expecting you and the other rider to be well into the turn and when you weren't Brent said I stood it up a little bit then brought it around and made the turn. I just remember thinking that quickly - remember what Fred said in the rider's meeting - "It's better to make the turn and not crash and ask for forgiveness from the CR....." So again, sorry but did what I had to do to get through the corner safely.