Putnam Roll Call - 5/2 - 5/3

Joe Nardy

All,

This will be my first visit to Putnam Park. Here's my intro thread. I just have a quick question - Does the track have concessions that will be open for lunch or should I bring my own?

Thanks,
Joe

DB_ZX10r

Joe Nardy;51410 wrote: All,

This will be my first visit to Putnam Park. Here's my intro thread. I just have a quick question - Does the track have concessions that will be open for lunch or should I bring my own?

Thanks,
Joe

Last year there was a small concession stand so I'm guessing there will be one this year. To be on the safe side you may want to bring a back-up, along with lots of water.

Dan

Joe Nardy

DB_ZX10r;51411 wrote: Last year there was a small concession stand so I'm guessing there will be one this year. To be on the safe side you may want to bring a back-up, along with lots of water.

Dan
Thanks, Dan..........Yes, I plan on bringing plenty of Gatorade and water. Lunch is just more difficult to plan and pack and it's easier to grab it at the track if possible.

Thanks again,
Joe

DB_ZX10r

Joe Nardy;51416 wrote: Thanks, Dan..........Yes, I plan on bringing plenty of Gatorade and water. Lunch is just more difficult to plan and pack and it's easier to grab it at the track if possible.

Thanks again,
Joe

I agree, I always bring a bag of beef jerky to snack on through out the day. I don't seem to want to eat much throughout the day, just lots of water and gatorade

suzukigirl

To those of you who have never been to Putnam... You're gonna Love it!

They do have a concession stand that will be opened for lunch, and have pretty decent food.

And... Turn One should be there both days with suspension services!! They're great ; )

ctrank

suzukigirl;51438 wrote: They're great ; )
What is this, a frosted flakes commercial? :haha:

Joe Nardy;51410 wrote:
All,

Thanks,
Joe
Hey Joe,

Welcome to NESBA. You're gonna have a great time!! I see you have spent some time on the BRP which is one of my favorite roads in the country. (one that isn't a race track anyway) The picture you took at the farmer market there at Meadows of the Dan really brings back good memories. I always end up stopping there for gas and a quick snack. :D

See you this weekend. Stop by and say hello, and let me know if you need any help or have any questions.

Sklossmonster

Thanks for the props, Nichole! And yes, Turn One Racing will be there in full force, offering the very best in trackside support. For anyone who isn't familiar with Turn One Racing, there are a couple of Sticky threads at the top of the Midwest forum that give plenty of information and feedback.

Here's the basic desription of what we do ...

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=4290

Just to let everyone know, the Sag Settings and Baseline Suspension Set Ups we do are filling up fast. I believe Saturday has one spot left, and Sunday has three available. So if you're looking to get your bike professionally set up, email Tom@TurnOneRacing to reserve a spot.

If you tried to get a spot but we were full, check back by our pit area during the day, sometimes riders on the schedule don't show up at the event, or crash out before their time slot.

Weather is looking perfect ...

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USIN0251?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Come on Sun!

nodakgus

Putnam repeat

I will be at Putnam again - both days...

Question: as far as setting objectives, does this make sense?:idea:

Saturday - work on hitting the right lines and achieving smooth operation

Sunday - work on developing better body position in the corners

Thanks!
Steve

simonh

Sklossmonster;51486 wrote:
Weather is looking perfect ...
Its starting to go downhill, just have to wait and see. Does it pretty much have to rain the whole day to be a rain out?