Question about Alpinestar GP Pro Gloves

newbiezx6r

So I bought my first pair (Medium) from Revzilla. thinking it would eventually get comfortable but didn't (size too small). So I sold those and about to get a pair from Ebay (Large). I was just wondering if there are fake GP Pros out there? The old ones I had were the white and red, and the one I'm about to get are black. I noticed that on the new one, it didn't have the yellow Kevlar inside just all black material (from pictures). Is this ok? How can I tell if they're fake once I have them?

Thanks

raylee

Did you message me about ending the auction early? I've got a set of large white/black ones on eBay right now I can guarantee are real. I work at a dealership and they were purchased through Parts Unlimited.

newbiezx6r

Did you message me about ending the auction early? I've got a set of large white/black ones on eBay right now I can guarantee are real. I work at a dealership and they were purchased through Parts Unlimited.

Nope that wasn't me. Does the yellow kevlar material on the inside matter in determining if they're real or not?

rhill

Have 2 pairs and both mine are black interior around the cuff with a very little amount of white stitching.

Can say this for sure, order oversize. I normally wear L to XL gloves; my first set of GP Pros were an XL. Literally ripped the stitching apart at the seams because they were so tight. Second pair is an XXL, and they are even tight after the non-use of winter.

glen521

Control Rider
So I bought my first pair (Medium) from Revzilla. thinking it would eventually get comfortable but didn't (size too small). So I sold those and about to get a pair from Ebay (Large). I was just wondering if there are fake GP Pros out there? The old ones I had were the white and red, and the one I'm about to get are black. I noticed that on the new one, it didn't have the yellow Kevlar inside just all black material (from pictures). Is this ok? How can I tell if they're fake once I have them?

Thanks
Yes. There are definitely fakes out there. Anything that is profitable will be counterfeited. I really like these gloves and have 6 pair currently. All of mine are not exactly the same and have wondered if some of mine are not legit. I thought about contacting the company but never got around to it. Some companies will thank you and replace in good faith, some will just keep the bad item. Customs is very busy , but they do not catch all the fake items coming from overseas.