Question about coccyx injury...

HavocCat

Chris
Well boys and girls, I did it good this time.

Snowboarding two nights ago, had a fall and fractured my coccyx.

Reading around there are people who are claiming to have issues with pain and such up to a year later....

Anyone here who has fractured their coccyx have any idea on about how long before they were able to function like normal again?

It takes quite a bit of effort and swag just to drive at this point.....

HavocCat

Chris
I've got the butt donut to sit on.

My snowboard crash was a lowside on to some ice :p.....

Jeeze.... I crash everything....

Broke mine many years ago - fell out of a truck and landed right on my arse. It will take a solid year for you to get back to normal bro. Hate to bear bad news but that injury takes time and there's very little you can do (other than pain pills and a gelly doughnut) to ease the discomfort or speed up the healing.....

HJ

tdelegram

Control Rider
Chris,

I fell down and cracked mine right in 1/2. Despite me having and telling all to kiss it I still have a crack and it's mainly impacts me when i do plumbing work.

In all seriousness, I broke mine at beaver run a few years ago, and for me in 6 to 8 weeks it was good to go and in 3 months I was back out playing hockey again. What was interesting was that i could skate and ride a sport bike but because of the seating position it took 4 to 5 months to be able to ride my Harley. I think it's just a matter of how badly it's broken. I didn't get a doughnut but i would warn against the pain pills and tell you to only use them if you absolutely need to, they will cause major constipation which i found out 2 weeks after my accident when i was in Canada bear hunting and sitting in a tree stand for 8 to 10 hours a day.

Tom

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Some people heal faster than others, go through the recovery process. We'll see you out there my friend.

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
I cracked mine as a kid in a sledding accident- within 6 months it had mainly healed up, but it still hurts to sit in certain positions.