Question about Gopro Mount

mpusch

Micah
Considering using a Gopro chest mount, but have a couple questions:

1) Would this be unsafe in the case of a crash, having a solid object effectively right on your chest?

2) What would the mounting requirements be? I understand for bike-mounts they need to be safety wired, would you need to safety wire it to the leather suit or something?

thesnowgod

I can't comment of the actual rules of tethering or of its even allowed but I admit, I cringe at the thought of what would happen to you in a crash. Just doesn't seem like the best idea for placement. Besides, once you're up to speed and in a tuck, that camera won't be seeing much. (I would think)

mpusch

Micah
I can't comment of the actual rules of tethering or of its even allowed but I admit, I cringe at the thought of what would happen to you in a crash. Just doesn't seem like the best idea for placement. Besides, once you're up to speed and in a tuck, that camera won't be seeing much. (I would think)

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Just needed some affirmation. Thanks!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Just...no. Don't use a chest mount. Not only will the video be absolute garbage, especially riding a sport bike, it's just got "bad" written all over it.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Like John said, the only thing that should be on your chest, is a Superman "S".