Quick shifter hype or the real deal

tofstfouru

I agree with Marshall 100% I bought a Dynojet QS from Turn One and it is worth every penny. Can't wait to run it this year at Road America. This all stemmed from a ride on the new BMW S1000RR which comes with one from the factory. As everyone else has said "it is pure sex!"

avizpls

#11-A
I have a programmable ignition with a vastly configurable input for a quicshifter...

Isnt there a cheaper way to get a sensor set up? Dynojet et-al are just way overpriced for a simple load cell. Any ideas to save some cash? The hard part is within my ignition, all I need is the sensor.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
I know this is slightly off topic, but...:D
anyone have a pull type QS that they want to trade for a push type? The bike I bought has standard shift (push type), and I would like to switch it back to GP (pull type)if possible.

avizpls

#11-A
just got mine set up.

What pause are you all using? I have mine at 150ms right now and it seems good.

BAAAAAAwabbAAAAAAAAwabbAAAAAAAAwabbAAAAAAAA

wesmith443

So the QS will eliminate me having to let off the throttle slightly to shift? Whats the big advantage? Time? Do they work for both up and downshifting?

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
You can just stay on the gas full open while shifting. One less thing to do. It is not necessary, but it is nice!

BTW, from personal experience, it is not a good idea to rely on the QS in the rain. Don't ask me how I know. :banghead:

sobottka

wesmith443;137436 wrote: So the QS will eliminate me having to let off the throttle slightly to shift? Whats the big advantage? Time? Do they work for both up and downshifting?
yes. the big advantage isnt time but the ease of the ride, reduced arm fatigue and fewer missed shifts. upshift only.
its one of the things people think they dont need untill they try it. then they wonder why they didnt try it sooner.

jcrich

I just got the one working on the bike I bought in March. It is an older Translogic standalone unit. The stock ECU has been tuned so no PC. I must say that it is the shit. Being able to effortlessly shift going up the hill into 4 at Barber leaned over is something else.