R9 in 2025

rpm894

The r9 has a legitimate frame unlike the r7, it's a full delta box design and the motor will be de-tuned for MA racing making it very reliable.
Why would it be de-tuned? The article says it makes less power than the zx6r and cbr600rr. The torque?

tdelegram

Control Rider
Why would it be de-tuned? The article says it makes less power than the zx6r and cbr600rr. The torque?
Uncorked exhaust, intake, timing and fuel does wonders compared to stock set up. As Brad stated, the torque is going to be special.

…torque will take over your whole being...soul and all. Bring it on!

We need a bullseye in the emoji tray.

I’ll definitely adjust my plans to accommodate the R9 in 2025. Between GYTR and Ten Kate, I’ll be able to spend buckets of money on shiny bits to play dress up and pretend I’m fast.

bmart

Control Rider
Seems like the story broke officially about 3 days ago. Al Gore's Internet is rife with varying pics...none of which is likely correct!

1707057619417.png

1707057637254.png

1707057663385.png

Any my personal favorite...

1707057684876.png

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Doubt it's going to be anything more than a MT-09 with fairings. I don't see Yamaha putting a lot of $ into a whole new chassis development. I'd imagine they'll keep producing the R1...for now.

I feel I was born like 15 years too late, and we've already experienced the best the motorcycle world has to offer.

rpm894

I feel I was born like 15 years too late, and we've already experienced the best the motorcycle world has to offer.
This is why I'm always comparing new bikes to the 600s and question why slow people are on 1000s. It might not bring the 600s back, but it makes me feel better.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
This is why I'm always comparing new bikes to the 600s and question why slow people are on 1000s. It might not bring the 600s back, but it makes me feel better.
Something to be said when the best they can do is compare 2024 "technology" to the 2006 R6. Sure, the 08+ saw minor changes with the air box and front end, but the platform was/is largely the same.

Doubt it's going to be anything more than a MT-09 with fairings.

Yeah, but if I’m patient it’ll save me somewhere around $5-7k in prototyping race fairings through Fred at SharkSkinz for a current MT-09. That’s a SWAG (might be more) but laying up fairings from scratch (sorta) is labor intensive so it would be pricey. When the R9 comes out, it’ll be a much faster process for them to lay up race fairings using the OEM kit as a template.

rpm894

Something to be said when the best they can do is compare 2024 "technology" to the 2006 R6. Sure, the 08+ saw minor changes with the air box and front end, but the platform was/is largely the same.
Don't all the Moto America supersport bikes have to be on the Mektronic ECU starting in 2025 year because that is how they tune and balance the different bikes? Those electronic kits are $5k+ if I recall, and probably not user friendly. Currently, there are people racing in MA with flashed R6s on a stock engine. Sounds like we will be getting the price of 2024 technology and 2008 performance.

Something I think people overlook is that it is much easier to learn to go faster when you are on a similar bike to other people, especially faster people. When a 600 walks away from me on exit, I know where I need to improve. When a 600 passes me, I know where I can go faster. When I pass a 140 pound guy on a R6 coming onto the straight, and he repasses me, I know my fat @ss needs to lose weight.

bmart

Control Rider
Doubt it's going to be anything more than a MT-09 with fairings. I don't see Yamaha putting a lot of $ into a whole new chassis development. I'd imagine they'll keep producing the R1...for now.

In so many ways, I'm glad that I was born when I was. For all of the diversity chatter we have to listen to today, most things seem more bland and more like each other than ever. Just put a row of SUVs or sedans next to each other.