race #'s

machdw69

where do you get and how do you apply your race #'s to your bike? i don't want anything permanent.
thanks.

ayotte6pc

Bike shops sell them. Other easier cheaper methods are roll out with Duct tape, Blue tape, Electrical tape, and or Painters tape.... You can go ultra ghetto and just sharpie that bitch up! All the cool kids do that~!

machdw69

thanks man. i thought of going ghetto with the elec tape but my bike and windscreen are black. i'll have to find some white medical tape or masking tape i guess.

judging by your screen name i'd say your a drummer who plays a six piece drum kit made by ayotte out of canada, am i correct? the dw in my screen name is for my kit which is a drum workshop. o.k just totally geeked out on the whole drum thing. thanks for the info man, i'll be at njmp on monday, will you be there?

ayotte6pc

Homie Depot or Lowes has white duct tape. I HIGHLY SUGGEST A LAYER OF BLUE PAINTERS TAPE FIRST before applying any form of duct tape to ANYTHING... That is, if you want it to come off without possibly losing paint and leaving glue boogers behind.

Yes, I do have a fantastic 6 PC AYotte drum kit.... $1800 for EVERYTHING, drums, cases, cymbals etc! If you buy it today, Ill be at NJMP this weekend! Help a brother out!

Good luck with the #s!

ANdy

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Are you anywhere near a Cycle Gear store? They have numbers, white and black. When I had a bike that did street and track duty, I cut a "number plate" out of white vinyl and put black numbers on it. Then I just taped that vinyl piece over my headlight (after also taping the headlight). Easily removable and reusable. But otherwise, yeah, making numbers out of electrical or duct tape works!

Oh, and back in the day, I had a 4 piece set of Ludwig drums! Silver sparkle!

machdw69

SWEEEEET!! drummer/biker forum starts here!!

thanks heavy duty judy for the info. unfortunately i'm not near a cycle gear store and as a matter of fact when i was in to local dealer today to pay them to destroy the finish on my bike with brake fluid (long story) i asked if they had some #'s and no luck there so i guess i'm going ghetto until i can find something like you described. only 2 more track days left this year for me anyway, i'll make due.

TwoTyres

Office max has 6" number decals in black or white. only $6 for the pack of two each 0-9.

these stick well but come off without leaving any residue.

i have these in my avatar pic.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
machdw69;14901 wrote: SWEEEEET!! drummer/biker forum starts here!!

thanks heavy duty judy for the info. unfortunately i'm not near a cycle gear store and as a matter of fact when i was in to local dealer today to pay them to destroy the finish on my bike with brake fluid (long story) i asked if they had some #'s and no luck there so i guess i'm going ghetto until i can find something like you described. only 2 more track days left this year for me anyway, i'll make due.
That'll work, then you can make something up over the winter. There's plenty of places online to buy numbers, too! :)

See you at NJMP on Monday, look me up!