Race License

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
Check out the schedules for each org...I ride with WERA even though their schedule is smaller than CCS. Only reason I do not race with CCS is due to how they grid their racers. WERA grids based on points earned and CCS grids based on when you register. I won't go into my opinions on this. I wouldn't mid running a CCS round at NJMP, but as a fresh expert this yr, I may wait one more year.

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
NESBA is a track day org, not a race org, though several members have raced or currently race. It is nice to come out and turn laps with no pressure, pit in when you want, and have fun running at 75-80% of race pace. I am sure the liability associated with running races would be a whole other chapter. Want to race?...look at CCS, WERA or another race org and leave track days for......

crewnutz

I wouldn't say there is one better way than another for getting your race license

The only point (IMO) of going to a school (WERA, CCS, or whatever) for your race license is to learn the flags and regs

These race schools don't teach "race craft" so any of them are really sufficient...

Kruizen

Control Rider
I did the Roger Lyle race school at Summit, it was a partial track day and race school. Their instructors did go into some race craft(mainly with starts/1st turn lines etc). We also did get to do some individual practice starts on the hot pit lane. Overall I would recommend it over the WERA school. One caveat is that is does cost more, but your getting more for your money.

1up5down

Control Rider
vinny337;299374 wrote: I just received my race license today, I'm official. :cool:
Just like the Pro's, ain't ish official until you grid up and complete your first race weekend. ROOKIE!!!

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
1up5down;299380 wrote: Just like the Pro's, ain't ish official until you grid up and complete your first race weekend. ROOKIE!!!
Haha, Now that's funny! :haha:

ceptorman

Congrats Vinny, it cracks me up when the CRs start out in Novice!
I have a feeling you won't be there long, have fun.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
ceptorman;299415 wrote: Congrats Vinny, it cracks me up when the CRs start out in Novice!
I have a feeling you won't be there long, have fun.
Haha, Thanks Bill…Yeah, no one is exempt.