Racing suit question. Should it be this tight?

Sobottka,

It is tight when standing but fits well when sitting on the bike. I can actually grab material and pull it away from my chest. Have worn the suit for about two hours today while sitting on the sofa. Way to uncomfortable to walk around in.

One saleman at STG wants the buyer to wear a suit for 5-6 hours before considering an exchange. Four more hours to go.

I don't know how I am climbing into the same suit as you.

Sobottka what style Alpinestar do you have and when did you buy it? Seems STG is implying that the suit I own was part of a group that ran one size off. As my salesman stated, "Alpinestars sizing ran off of that run. "

Reg

sobottka

its 3 yr. old race replica suit. fit perfect (or very snug) when new and now. if it was even just a little smaller it would not fit with my back protector

bfolkerts

Keep in mind the trigger is a "relatively" cheap suit. You can get away with an extra snug fit in a race replica or other top brand suit - because they use the best materials, most stretch panels, and pre-curved fit.

I'm 6'0 - 210 - and a 46 race replica fits me like a dream...it takes me a good 5 minutes to get in and out...but once in, I could run a marathon in the thing...it's amazing what good stretch panels can do!

I would definitely go up a size...if STG gives you gruff - give Rob at Lithium Motorsports a shout - he offers free size exchanges - and has a wide variety to choose from.

Yeah I know it's not a top shelf suit. Couldn't justify spending more considering the limited amount of track time I will do and my untested skills.

I'll give STG a call and see about shipping out a 56. Their concern is that the Trigger (any suit) is going to stretch and if it fits comfortably off the rack it will be too loose once it stretches.

Reg

bfolkerts

afinepoint;118128 wrote: Yeah I know it's not a top shelf suit. Couldn't justify spending more considering the limited amount of track time I will do and my untested skills.

I'll give STG a call and see about shipping out a 56. Their concern is that the Trigger (any suit) is going to stretch and if it fits comfortably off the rack it will be too loose once it stretches.

Reg
Good idea - if it gets loose, just start adding back / chest protectors!

Oh - and I was by no means knocking your suit! I pretty much hold the record for owning the cheapest, ugliest suits out there!

First suit....purple and green joe rocket - $180 shipped...it lasted me 3 years - even through all the ridicule!

fitz

I have the A*s Trigger and I'm 6'1" , 180#, the 54 was WAY too small, the 56 is tight in the crotch but tolerable and I have room for a back, chest protector and armored shorts.

fitz

Will call about shipping out a 56 for fit. Fortunately my first track day is not til May.

Bfolkerts, no offense taken. Regarding protection if I never inhale and this suit stretches I might be able to fit some inside.

Reg

Mikey75702

I wanna know how the salesman from STG knows that the suit you bought is part of a run that ran one size larger then stated, but yet the other suit he will send will be the properly marked size... Sounds like BS to me.

And I would return a suit for being to small if it fit comfortably when I first bought it. I want it alittle snug everywhere (but not overly, which it seems yours is overly tight) so that when the suit breaks in, it fits me like a glove. Just my preference.

Called sportbiketrackgear. Size 56 are out of stock. Hmmmm.

Told him I would continue to try stretching the 54 but don't want to run out of grace on the return. He stated STG would work with me.

I am off tomorrow so I plan to wear the suit for a couple of hours. Sucks that I can't go outside or get on bike for and risk getting suit dirty.

Reg

Meat

Alright I got my 5' 10.5", 290 lbs into a Euro Size 58 A-stars Race Replica suit when I first got into track riding. It did look spray painted on though. It was definitely too tight, but I still wear it (now a fat 250).

Point is: They can stretch; it just depends on how tight you are comfortable with.

The suit was as big as I could find in a nice suit back then, so I had to get it. If they had bigger, I would have gone bigger.

Oh, and in my 2 crashes, none of the seems have popped.

Meat

afinepoint;118877 wrote: Called sportbiketrackgear. Size 56 are out of stock. Hmmmm.

Told him I would continue to try stretching the 54 but don't want to run out of grace on the return. He stated STG would work with me.

I am off tomorrow so I plan to wear the suit for a couple of hours. Sucks that I can't go outside or get on bike for and risk getting suit dirty.

Reg
Trying to stretch it dry isn't so easy, but I understand you need to be able to return it if you can't get it to fit.

Tightness is so subjective and therefore is a little difficult to give you a definitive answer on it.

Blinky

If you are worrying about that zipper popping. You might want to really go up. You can rip a seam around the soft areas. Don't ask, I will say the ice cream did it.

:popcorn:

Returned. Talk about high pressure sales. Sheesh! Had the big cheese call house.

Size 56 won't be in til end of month. Another website doesn't have the 56s either. Will look at custom. Wife is encouraging a custom suit even though more $$$.

Reg

Pilot suit on way to see how that fits me.

Lets trace my suit buying path: SG1 → Trigger → Pilot. I $ee a di$tinct pattern developing. :eek:

Reg

Ruhe52

Hell Pilot custom $800 and a fine suit why not and doing the custom measurements with the Mrs. can always lead to more fun.

Know what I mean say no more nudge nudge wink wink:D