Ready for 2024!!

FBTO

Track days booked!! Let’s go 2024!! Who is in? Can’t wait to try Road Atlanta for the first time. Any advice?

My goal for 2024 is to break 2 min at PittRace. Any helpful hints? Anyone want to show me a line? The fast one!

47a1b9adc2ea3da9ca09bd16f90b20db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmart

Control Rider
There's a lot of great Road A video on the YouTubes. Just be sure that if you look at any really old ones...that they're using the chicane at the top of the hill after turn 1 and the newer turn 12. They've changed over the years!

If you're really fast, watch the MotoAmerica races there. :)

Come say hi there. I'll be in an ancient Subaru.

A few mellow laps:

jonobrin

You didn't want to brave the cold at Pitt Race in April?

Can't say breaking the 2 min mark is in my future, but I definitely plan to improve my 2:12 PB on the 400.

FBTO

You didn't want to brave the cold at Pitt Race in April?

Can't say breaking the 2 min mark is in my future, but I definitely plan to improve my 2:12 PB on the 400.

Might do Barber in April…that’s quick on the 400

Jorgy

I just booked some days this morning and it looks very similar to yours. I am also hoping to break the 2' mark at Pitt this year. For now I have to be satisfied with watching youtube onboards while I ride the spin bike.

I found this vid helpful for Pitt, but if you are getting close to 2 flat you are probably aware of most of this:

See you at the track! I'm the old guy on a V2 with an old set of Herrin's fairings.

FBTO

I just booked some days this morning and it looks very similar to yours. I am also hoping to break the 2' mark at Pitt this year. For now I have to be satisfied with watching youtube onboards while I ride the spin bike.

I found this vid helpful for Pitt, but if you are getting close to 2 flat you are probably aware of most of this:

See you at the track! I'm the old guy on a V2 with an old set of Herrin's fairings.

Nice!! Let’s go!! I’m a old guy on a s1000rr with Miami blue fairings

a5d3c028225fe488414c02fedc873e9d.jpg

tdelegram

Control Rider
If you guys are looking to improve your times especially at Pitt grab a coach, if you can't find one grab me, the track is technical. Sub 2:00 if you're with in a couple of seconds should be possible. Please listen to use and try, nothing more demoralizing for us that the list of excuses why you can't do.......

FBTO

If you guys are looking to improve your times especially at Pitt grab a coach, if you can't find one grab me, the track is technical. Sub 2:00 if you're with in a couple of seconds should be possible. Please listen to use and try, nothing more demoralizing for us that the list of excuses why you can't do.......

I know I will get there. PB last year was a 2:01. Lenny is going to get me there! I need to get off the seat more! but appreciate any assistance possible

Otto Man

John
Control Rider

I'm surprised that video got as many views as it has...I decided to do that voice over after a couple of stiff drinks one night :rofl:

I need to do another video and discuss how "little things become big things" If you're hovering around the 2:00 mark, you're doing most of the big things right but probably a lot of little things wrong. The faster you get, the more the little things become big things. My expectations of a Novice group rider 'hitting the apex' and an average 'A' group rider is vastly different.

If you're in Novice group and get within a few feet of the apex, ok good enough. If you're leaving a foot or more in Advanced group? You'll never be able to drop that much more time without a vast increase of risk. And if you're trying to consistently run sub 50's at Pitt, if you miss the apex by 6-8" over the course of 19 turns, you're throwing away 1-2 seconds per lap. That is lost time that has nothing to do with bike setup, tire compound, etc. It's impossible to go fast on shitty lines.

One thing every epic Moto America, WBSK, and MotoGP level riders have in common is that in all of their action shots, they are ON that mother fukin' apexes in the pics where they're dragging elbows. The edge of the tire is touching, if not entirely on the curbing. There is no gap. A foot off the apex sounds like a lot. On a track walk, actually measure out a foot. It doesn't look that far off at all...but that difference makes all the difference at that level.

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
I'm surprised that video got as many views as it has...I decided to do that voice over after a couple of stiff drinks one night :rofl:

I need to do another video and discuss how "little things become big things" If you're hovering around the 2:00 mark, you're doing most of the big things right but probably a lot of little things wrong. The faster you get, the more the little things become big things. My expectations of a Novice group rider 'hitting the apex' and an average 'A' group rider is vastly different.

If you're in Novice group and get within a few feet of the apex, ok good enough. If you're leaving a foot or more in Advanced group? You'll never be able to drop that much more time without a vast increase of risk. And if you're trying to consistently run sub 50's at Pitt, if you miss the apex by 6-8" over the course of 19 turns, you're throwing away 1-2 seconds per lap. That is lost time that has nothing to do with bike setup, tire compound, etc. It's impossible to go fast on shitty lines.

One thing every epic Moto America, WBSK, and MotoGP level riders have in common is that in all of their action shots, they are ON that mother fukin' apexes in the pics where they're dragging elbows. The edge of the tire is touching, if not entirely on the curbing. There is no gap. A foot off the apex sounds like a lot. On a track walk, actually measure out a foot. It doesn't look that far off at all...but that difference makes all the difference at that level.
Great Info. I needed to read this and I didn't even know it.

FBTO

@Lenny ZX9R we need to work on this!!

Jorgy

This makes a lot of sense. I think the stuff in that video was what got me from 2:20s to low 2s. Like you say the big things, for example that turns 1 and 2 are connected.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Nice!! Let’s go!! I’m a old guy on a s1000rr with Miami blue fairings

a5d3c028225fe488414c02fedc873e9d.jpg

That looks like Ford Mustang Grabber Blue to me. (And that's not a bad thing).

DZ_714

Control Rider

"And if you're trying to consistently run sub 50's at Pitt, if you miss the apex by 6-8" over the course of 19 turns, you're throwing away 1-2 seconds per lap."

This right here is why I will be turning 45s this season :)

DZ_714

Control Rider
Track days booked!! Let’s go 2024!! Who is in? Can’t wait to try Road Atlanta for the first time. Any advice?

My goal for 2024 is to break 2 min at PittRace. Any helpful hints? Anyone want to show me a line? The fast one!

47a1b9adc2ea3da9ca09bd16f90b20db.jpg

Nothing more exciting than when the season is about to start. Come grab a coach for those sub 2's