Road Atlanta April 6th/7th Roll call!

SquireSCA

No new news unfortunately. I am pretty confident that he is recovering. My knee is healing fine, but my shoulder is still in a lot of pain.

SquireSCA

UPDATE: Just talked to the other rider, his name is Ryan. Really nice guy, great attitude and he is healing up very well. He is back on two wheels already, which is awesome to hear. He isn't letting the crash get to him, which is good news. A lot of people get hurt like that and throw in the towel, but he is getting past it.

He is local, and hopefully we will get to meet up some time so I can shake his hand. I hate that these things happen, but that is part of the risk we take when we get on the track, or on a bike in general. Just glad that he got through it as well as he did. Could have been a lot worse. Year before someone died on Road A at an STT track day. Year before that there was a large multi-group crash at a WERA event in the 250cc class, and one of the riders died in the same turn that we crashed in.

So things could have been a lot worse. Glad that they weren't!

TeamBeer

I was at that RA event when the guy hit the wall. I didn't remember him passing, but I could be wrong about that. Unfortunately that is a risk of our sport and many other sports. Always makes you think about what you are doing, but you could be killed tripping on the stairs in your home or slipping in the tub. These groups do a great job of making it as safe as possible, but we are the ones at the controls.

SquireSCA

TeamBeer;278971 wrote: I was at that RA event when the guy hit the wall. I didn't remember him passing, but I could be wrong about that.
That's what we were told that day when we arrived. It happened on Friday or Saturday, and we came in the next day.

In any event, people die on that track, so I am really glad that this guy is back on his feet, and his bike.

emry

It is unfortunate when anyone gets injured, or losses their life doing something they enjoy. A friend of mine tripped walking home from 7-Eleven in high school, hit his head, and bleed to death before someone stopped, yep guess he tried to save his Slurpee and failed. That really made me realize that shit happens, enjoy what you have, and do what you want. If your done, then enjoy whatever comes after. People get killed or die every where doing mostly nothing of any significance, but we still drive every day, cross the street, smoke, eat fatty foods, blah blah blah.

Enjoy life, dwelling on past events doesn't help us, it only keeps us from doing something special. Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is your moment.

And track days ROCK!!! I'm in for all three, may my muscles forgive me.

emry;278973 wrote: It is unfortunate when anyone gets injured, or losses their life doing something they enjoy. A friend of mine tripped walking home from 7-Eleven in high school, hit his head, and bleed to death before someone stopped, yep guess he tried to save his Slurpee and failed. That really made me realize that shit happens, enjoy what you have, and do what you want. If your done, then enjoy whatever comes after. People get killed or die every where doing mostly nothing of any significance, but we still drive every day, cross the street, smoke, eat fatty foods, blah blah blah.

Enjoy life, dwelling on past events doesn't help us, it only keeps us from doing something special. Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is your moment.

And track days ROCK!!! I'm in for all three, may my muscles forgive me.
:agree: When it comes to risking my life and all the negative crap that I hear folks say about bikes, I always think back to something my grandfather said to me just before he lost his battle with bone cancer. "Mikey, there are three good ways to die. Sleeping, riding, and f--king. My bike ain't here and neither is your Nana. I love you boy. Now get out of here and let me sleep." I loved that crazy old fart!!!! He bought me my first bike (Briggs and Stratton 5hp) for my 10th birthday. Best thing anybody ever did for me.

JBZ1k

griffonrider;279012 wrote: :agree: When it comes to risking my life and all the negative crap that I hear folks say about bikes, I always think back to something my grandfather said to me just before he lost his battle with bone cancer. "Mikey, there are three good ways to die. Sleeping, riding, and f--king. My bike ain't here and neither is your Nana. I love you boy. Now get out of here and let me sleep." I loved that crazy old fart!!!! He bought me my first bike (Briggs and Stratton 5hp) for my 10th birthday. Best thing anybody ever did for me.
Pretty awesome.

Irish01

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that if you sent me an email about food for Friday and or Saturday night I am getting them! You'll get a reply, just slightly delayed as I'm nowhere near a computer. See you all in a few days, gonna be a Great Time :)