Road Atlanta Configuration

Dave561

Control Rider
First time there so 2 questions:

Pit bikes allowed? I have a Zuma

Plenty of power or should I pack the genertor?

smack28752

Yep to the pit scooter (especially useful to get around and see the track while other sessions are going on).

I have not used the inside paddock but the outside has plenty of power available. Inside is where the pros pit.

SMack
"B" 77

PITZER

On the scooters at Road Atlanta, They now require you to wear a helmet if you are on the main roads inside the track. The pits are still ok, but other than that you have to have one on.

Just FYI

Davisjk

So there is power available inside ? and is there a cost? and can we camp in the inside pit area ? thanks for any info......:notsure:

Dave561

Control Rider
PITZER;2143 wrote: On the scooters at Road Atlanta, They now require you to wear a helmet if you are on the main roads inside the track. The pits are still ok, but other than that you have to have one on.

Just FYI
My buddy that is going has a small dirtbike. Would that still be ok with the helmet or is it only "streetable" pit vehicles allowed outside the pit?

flojoe

kendo;2130 wrote: Brian said new turn 12 and the rest old config, no new chicane. Inside paddock also.
So we will still be running the old AMA chicane, just not the new one?

williams155

Pit bikes are allowed. I have a Honda XR70 I ride around the pits.

There is FREE power on the inside pits but it is very limited. Not near the available power as on the outside pits. So if you have a generator....I would recommend you bring it just in case.

Camping is allowed and in the past there has not been a charge to camp in the pits.

williams155

flojoe;2157 wrote: So we will still be running the old AMA chicane, just not the new one?

When I was there in June we ran the old AMA chicane and the new T-12....but the WERA race was the very next weekend, so we kind of had to run the old AMA chicane. We are for sure running the new T-12 but I don't know about the old chicane. We will not be running the new chicane.

flojoe

williams155;2159 wrote: When I was there in June we ran the old AMA chicane and the new T-12....but the WERA race was the very next weekend, so we kind of had to run the old AMA chicane. We are for sure running the new T-12 but I don't know about the old chicane. We will not be running the new chicane.
The old chicane isn't that bad once you get used to it, but I heard the new chicane is horrible. Supposedly they stopped using it after the WERA practice session because so many people were crashing there.

williams155

flojoe;2160 wrote: The old chicane isn't that bad once you get used to it, but I heard the new chicane is horrible. Supposedly they stopped using it after the WERA practice session because so many people were crashing there.

Exactly..I still prefer the old portion of the track to the AMA chicane but once you get used to it, it's not too bad.

Yeah, WERA basically refused to run the new chicane after all the crashes. If you have never seen the new chicane, you will stand there scratching your head wondering how in the H@$$ bikes could funnel through there.

flojoe

While we are at it, you guys that are familiar with RA wanna give me some tips on how to lower my times? Here is a video from my first time there last May. http://www.veoh.com/videos/v11538766yWfXpadW

This will be my second trip and I'd like to drop a few seconds at least. But we were running the old T12, so I guess it's going to be kind of hard to determine what if any progress I make this time around. Also, with the new T12, where do I aim now going over the hill?

Mike Dozier

NESBA uses the original track between turns 2 and 4. No chicans. The new turn 12 will add about 4 to 5 sec. per lap.

dj life

Hey Everyone,

I'm also new to nesba as well and the only time i was at RA is with the schwantz school. I do have a couple of questions for you. When would the earliest we would be able to drop of trailers and such be? Are the "inside" paddocks inside or outside? And will Nesba have a tire changer there? And is there a quiet time on sunday??? If so can we walk the track?

Thanks
Cant wait to see you there!!!!!!!
Chris

Mike Dozier

dj life;2213 wrote: Hey Everyone,

I'm also new to nesba as well and the only time i was at RA is with the schwantz school. I do have a couple of questions for you. When would the earliest we would be able to drop of trailers and such be? Are the "inside" paddocks inside or outside? And will Nesba have a tire changer there? And is there a quiet time on sunday??? If so can we walk the track?

Thanks
Cant wait to see you there!!!!!!!
Chris
Road Atlanta usually opens the gates around 5:00 pm. We will be in the inside paddock, the one that the AMA uses. Derek Leslie will be their handleing tires. Yes there is a quiet time on Sun. That is a city ordinance, Road Atlanta or NESBA has no say so over that. Welcome, hope to meet ya their.

Mike Dozier

Chris, I know a South East Region Assistant Director thats gonna love your screen name.
As a matter of fact I bet you'll have his favorite screen name of all time.
Your smart, I wish I had thought of it!
I may change mine to "Brian Life":D

dj life

Mike Dozier;2220 wrote: Chris, I know a South East Region Assistant Director thats gonna love your screen name.
As a matter of fact I bet you'll have his favorite screen name of all time.
Your smart, I wish I had thought of it!
I may change mine to "Brian Life":D
I've been using that name since 99 or 2000. Not just a screen name but stage name as well :)

Thanks for the info guys.

5pm on thursday im guessing. And i was asking if the paddocks are indoors or outside...

If its outside look for a maxima oils popup tent. There is 3 of us going, look for a 05 orange zx6r a yellow 05 gixxer 750 with aaron yates plastics on it and a primered 06 gsxr1000 and on sunday it will have its real plastics on it ;)

Eddie = zx6r
Jared = gsxr 750
Chris = gsxr 1000

Well i hope to meet some of you so stop by!!!!!!!!

Chris

PS We are all from the Northeast but could only find info on RA here
So thanks again