Road Atlanta Info

jimgl3

if you've got the ballz to pin it over the hill and wheelie 1/2 way down to the new turn then endo like mat mladin did the pucker factor would be greater i think with the new turn... i used to have the photo of him doing that... found it
picture.php

stow

JBZ1k;245368 wrote: I'm in for Sunday! I am somewhat worried though. I talked with someone who rode in B group in the past at Road A and they said they were terrified by the extreme closing speeds in places. Should I be worried? Does the track flow well enough that a smooth pace is achieved and the group stays spread out?
I will be completely honest with you, the first session or two at Road Atlanta in "B" and "I" are going to be crowded around turn 10a. No matter what the CRs do, that turn becomes a traffic stop. If this happens just pit in and wait until the group circulates around to the backside of the track and then go back out. It usually clears up around the second or third session. Use your head and wait for some clear track on pit lane instead of getting frustrated and trying to force your way through. If everyone is bunched up together, then there is some nice clear track somewhere else waiting for you. You are in complete control of how your day goes, and if you are having issues come talk to one of us.

stow

jimgl3;245435 wrote: if you've got the ballz to pin it over the hill and wheelie 1/2 way down to the new turn then endo like mat mladin did the pucker factor would be greater i think with the new turn... i used to have the photo of him doing that... found it
picture.php
Awesome shot, but I have to ask if he actually made the turn.

JBZ1k

stow;245438 wrote: I will be completely honest with you, the first session or two at Road Atlanta in "B" and "I" are going to be crowded around turn 10a. No matter what the CRs do, that turn becomes a traffic stop. If this happens just pit in and wait until the group circulates around to the backside of the track and then go back out. It usually clears up around the second or third session. Use your head and wait for some clear track on pit lane instead of getting frustrated and trying to force your way through. If everyone is bunched up together, then there is some nice clear track somewhere else waiting for you. You are in complete control of how your day goes, and if you are having issues come talk to one of us.
I'm a big fan of the pit in. Thanks for the info.

RADAR Magnet

JBZ1k;245490 wrote: I'm a big fan of the pit in. Thanks for the info.
Agree. I'll practice setting up passes when there's a few ahead but pull into pit lane and go back out when it's more like half the group.

noobinacan

stow;245438 wrote: I will be completely honest with you, the first session or two at Road Atlanta in "B" and "I" are going to be crowded around turn 10a. No matter what the CRs do, that turn becomes a traffic stop. If this happens just pit in and wait until the group circulates around to the backside of the track and then go back out. It usually clears up around the second or third session. Use your head and wait for some clear track on pit lane instead of getting frustrated and trying to force your way through. If everyone is bunched up together, then there is some nice clear track somewhere else waiting for you. You are in complete control of how your day goes, and if you are having issues come talk to one of us.
^ this
x1000

I don't see the rush people get into for the morning session.
in my mind, first day, all morning is nothing but warmup...it may take an extra session or two to get going, but the approach works.

dt4629;245513 wrote:
...and can we set up our tent Fri evening, or have inspection and save time on Sat?

yes to setup on Friday night
Officially official inspection is SAturday.
but, if you want peace of mind, find anyone with A or C decal on Friday and you can request them to tech your bike...and they'd be happy to.

Ruhe52

Not 100% sure of when gates open John or someone may be more exact but normally not before 5 or so. depends on who if any is using the track that day.
If you have a specific tech question find someone with an orange hat or C sticker. Will be happy to look the item in question over but you will still need to roll through tech Sat to get your official tech sticker.

JRA

plwtwo;245508 wrote: What time is gate open on Friday?
5:00 pm give or take.

tent Fri evening, or have inspection and save time on Sat
You can set up Friday evening and I'm sure someone will be glad to give your bike a once over, but you can't be officially teched until Saturday morning after you have signed the liability release form and received an event wristband.

dt4629

Does the gate close on Friday after a certain time? Trying to find out what time is the latest where I can set up.

Saltman

dt4629;245916 wrote: Does the gate close on Friday after a certain time? Trying to find out what time is the latest where I can set up.
24 hour access but there might be times when the gate attendant isn't present. If that happens, see if you can find him and then say, "are you the gatekeeper?"

Another forum guy phone banging.

gatekeeper

Saltman;245918 wrote: 24 hour access but there might be times when the gate attendant isn't present. If that happens, see if you can find him and then say, "are you the gatekeeper?"
yes, but then you have to answer his questions three....

-what is your name?
Darryl T.

-what is your quest?
I seek a smooth line through 10a while chasing faster riders

-what is the available torque, in newtons, of a 1983 Harley Davidson headed uphill at a 30º incline, in 3rd gear, at 2000' altitude with a 288lb. helmetless rider and 198lb. toothless passenger?
Trick question! no passenger on a harley weighs less than 200lb.

-you may enter, wise sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWS8Mg-JWSg

Saltman

zenpixel@yahoo.com;245924 wrote: yes, but then you have to answer his questions three....

-what is your name?
Darryl T.

-what is your quest?
I seek a smooth line through 10a while chasing faster riders

-what is the available torque, in newtons, of a 1983 Harley Davidson headed uphill at a 30º incline, in 3rd gear, at 2000' altitude with a 288lb. helmetless rider and 198lb. toothless passenger?
Trick question! no passenger on a harley weighs less than 200lb.

-you may enter, wise sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWS8Mg-JWSg
lmao!

46c140c3-7852-09f3.jpg

46c140c3-786c-9441.jpg

Another forum guy phone banging.

Ruhe52

I have connected to it works sometimes sometimes not. Just like the power too iffy to count on bring your own.