Road Atlanta July 1-2 (prep & track walk)

bmart

Control Rider
Woot! Two days at Road A coming up, and they're going to be hot ones!

Be sure to pack sunglasses, a hat, plenty of fluids and (pre)hydrate starting...today.

If you're interested in a track walk, chime in here. We can have a go Friday after we get in and/or Saturday after the track goes cold.

If this is your first time at Road A, feel free to take a look at my video on YouTube in my sign link. They'll give you an idea of the flow of the track.

Look forward to seeing everyone again!

DirtDiva

Staff member
Yep, definitely interested in the track walk with a CR.

I’m starting out Friday morning from Tampa and Google says 7 hours.

In most galaxies that means I should arrive early afternoon but Atlanta traffic exists outside the galaxy that Google has mapped.

Friday night works best for me so I can get the most out of both days.

rpm894

This year went from cold to extreme heat too fast. I got really sick from the heat at NC Bike this past weekend. Not acclimated yet, so I’m canceling Road Atlanta. 98 degrees on Saturday, no way. I’ll go to NJMP instead and get pissed off about how bumpy it is.

I’m definitely going to be using the Ackerman Method this weekend of not trying to ride from green to checkers every session!

bmart

Control Rider
Let's plan to meet at the pit out gate a few minutes before 7 p.m. Friday to start at 7, if the rain cooperates. Highly recommend showing up with a hat, sunglasses, and liquid to drink. A small notepad/pen may also he helpful if you'd like notes about particular areas of the track.

dustins3rd

I am coming in for the Sunday track day from NC. If anyone else is walking I would love to walk the track Saturday after track goes cold. If not, I'm just as happy learning on the fly! (YouTube at least gives you a general idea... haha)

I plan on arriving around 5pm Saturday evening... I can't wait!

bmart

Control Rider
Safe travels.

I think the idea is that everyone will be at the fundraiser cookout on Saturday evening. I can't remember how long the track walk at Road A takes, but squeezing one in Saturday may be a challenge. We'll see...

bmart

Control Rider
We had a good group for the Sunday morning track walk and a few takers for Friday evening's also. As always, Kappy is a wealth of knowledge and many participants commented on how great he was at conveying technique and reason for that technique. I picked up some tips also! I hope that those who came found it useful.

Also, I posted some video. You may have a cameo in there somwhere! The link is in my sig.

Thanks, all!

Indeed, the track walk with @bmart was hugely beneficial.

More than what line to follow, @bmart had great advice about flexibly choosing one’s line based on traffic. IOW, the preferred line won’t always be available.

Consequently, my passing improved greatly and when I had clean track, my times dropped significantly.

Thanks @bmart for being a great CR!