Road Atlanta under new ownership

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Not sure how many people on here follow sports car racing, but a pretty big event happened today when the Grand-Am Road Racing merged/purchased the American Le Mans Series (ALMS). If you do not follow sports cars that doesn't mean much to you, but part of ALMS is the ownership of Road Atlanta and the lease of Sebring International Raceway. With it's purchase, Grand-Am ownership now owns both of those as well as their existing ownership of Daytona International Raceway (it is also the same people that own NASCAR).

Anyway, probably won't mean much change, just figured I'd post up so everyone knew.

denbsteph

I hope nothing changes for Motorcycles, NESBA and all things to do with racing. RA is up near the top of my favorite tracks.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
denbsteph;253677 wrote: Yep, the bathrooms pretty much suck!! I call them fruit fly's, but them SOB's were every where in the showers this past July. :mad:
They are fruit flies..they are attracted to your exposed "Berries" while you're in the shower.

:D

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
noobinacan;253695 wrote: ugh...so is this good news or bad news ?
My guess is you won't see much of a change at all, except possibly a NASCAR street race there sometime in the next few years.