Rochester-Syracuse peeps??

rugbymook

Control Rider
Race Director
Heading up your way this weekend for some riding and FingerLakes wine consumption.

Staying at a B&B in Canandaigua Friday night, but looking for a suggestion regarding places to stay/visit on Saturday. I've never been in the area and wouldn't want to get suckered into a bad place or location.

PJZOCC624

Rosie-

Really not too many bad or unsafe areas where you're gonna be. Finger Lakes wine country is a great area! Glenora winery is nice, Hazlet is fun, Red Newt too. There's a microbrewery out there too but can't remember the name :notsure: . If you head to Rochester or Syracuse, DinosaurBBQ is a must! Great BBQ, blues, and bikes if the weather is good! You're pretty much right in between both cities, but probably a touch on the Rochester side. Waterloo has an outlet mall if you wanna shop, and Canandaigua has a race track if you like the ponies. ( don't know their season for races but worth a look).

The Dino in Syracuse is right off Armory Square - bunch of cool bars and pubs. Enjoy your trip!

Rosey,

Check out this link.

http://www.fingerlakeswinecountry.com/index.aspx

Corning museum of glass and the Aviation museum are great. You could skydive if you want in Ovid. If you want to do some hiking go to Watkins Glenn, but there's also a great car museum and the scenery is great. The food is great everywhere but like PJ said, if you get into Syr or Rochester and like BBQ go to the Dinosaur. If you want a little night life hit Armory Square in Syr, or the high falls area of Rochester.

I don't think you could have picked a better weekend to do this. The weather is supposed to be excellent, have a great time!

rugbymook

Control Rider
Race Director
I booked a room at the Marriott in Corning for Saturday. I have until that day to cancel if I find something else.
On the waiting list at the Marriott in Ithica.

I'm making a list of all your suggestions guys! Thanks!

dsmitty37

Wish I had seen this sooner as I live right in the heart of the Finger Lakes in Penn Yan. I was in Philly over the weekend for a wedding. Hope you had lots of fun and enjoyed a beautiful weekend up here.