Roll Call: BeaveRun 20-21 July

skwidrific

IN for Sunday! I haven't been there in about 8 years or so... Looking forward to it! Wife and I are rolling up Saturday night, and maybe dragging my sister and brother out to hang. :)

Is there any way to tell what the availibility is for specific days?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
skwidrific;281184 wrote: IN for Sunday! I haven't been there in about 8 years or so... Looking forward to it! Wife and I are rolling up Saturday night, and maybe dragging my sister and brother out to hang. :)

Is there any way to tell what the availibility is for specific days?
Awesome, you should get there around 5-6, we're having a bbq in the paddock. Always a good time and a great way to meet lots of folks. If you can make it early, check out the thread on the bbq and post up. Bring something along to share!

No way to tell the availability. If it allows you to sign up, there's spots available. If it doesn't, you get the option to sign up for the waitlist. When a spot opens, everyone on the waitlist gets an email; the first mad dash to the computer gets it.
They don't post how many spots are left, or warn you if it's getting full. Popular venues like Barber, Road Atlanta, and VIR fill up quickly.

avizpls

#11-A
HondaGalToo;281187 wrote: No way to tell the availability. If it allows you to sign up, there's spots available. If it doesn't, you get the option to sign up for the waitlist. When a spot opens, everyone on the waitlist gets an email; the first mad dash to the computer gets it.
They don't post how many spots are left, or warn you if it's getting full.
Or sometimes some random orange user name will drop hints as it gets closer...:D

Kawi636Rider

The little lady and I are coming down as spectators. Still have some things to work out with the bike and trailer before getting on the track.

I'm excited just to get to the track and see some riding. Hope everyone has a great time!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Kawi636Rider;281228 wrote: The little lady and I are coming down as spectators. Still have some things to work out with the bike and trailer before getting on the track.

I'm excited just to get to the track and see some riding. Hope everyone has a great time!
Great! Welcome! Stop by and say hello, ask any questions you may have. Bike number is in my signature. It's black with red flames, can't miss it.

skwidrific

HondaGalToo;281187 wrote: Awesome, you should get there around 5-6, we're having a bbq in the paddock. Always a good time and a great way to meet lots of folks. If you can make it early, check out the thread on the bbq and post up. Bring something along to share!

No way to tell the availability. If it allows you to sign up, there's spots available. If it doesn't, you get the option to sign up for the waitlist. When a spot opens, everyone on the waitlist gets an email; the first mad dash to the computer gets it.
They don't post how many spots are left, or warn you if it's getting full. Popular venues like Barber, Road Atlanta, and VIR fill up quickly.
Thanks for the invitation, but the absolute earliest that we will be able to get there is going to be around 11ish Saturday night. I'm rolling out straight from work Saturday evening. Definitely looking forward to getting back to that track. I haven't been there in about 8 years.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
skwidrific;281325 wrote: Thanks for the invitation, but the absolute earliest that we will be able to get there is going to be around 11ish Saturday night. I'm rolling out straight from work Saturday evening. Definitely looking forward to getting back to that track. I haven't been there in about 8 years.
Well, stop by on Sunday and look for bike 75! Who did you ride with 8 years ago?

borislav

Control Rider
tomseviltwin;281342 wrote: Unacceptable. :mad:

Still struggling with that rectifier?
No my friend rectifier is fixed,family and work obligations preventing me to be there like many times this year!
Tom you need to update your signature!;)

skwidrific

HondaGalToo;281331 wrote: Well, stop by on Sunday and look for bike 75! Who did you ride with 8 years ago?
Sure thing. 8 and 9 years ago I was doing most of my riding with Cornerspeed. I did Barber and Beave with sportbiketracktime. Last time I did Beave was an LED day. At that time, my GSXR1000 was pulling double duty for track and street. That came to an end when I outbraked a 749 in T1 at VIR, then slid out on the gas. I very quickly came to the realization that I *NEVER* wanted to see my 1000 sliding down the track ever again. It took a little while, but I was finally able to pull the trigger on a strictly track bike...

If I would have known how much fun an R6 is on the track, I would have done it LONG ago, instead of setting up the 1000...

Ah, well... Hindsight is always 20/20 right?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
skwidrific;281442 wrote: Sure thing. 8 and 9 years ago I was doing most of my riding with Cornerspeed. I did Barber and Beave with sportbiketracktime. Last time I did Beave was an LED day. At that time, my GSXR1000 was pulling double duty for track and street. That came to an end when I outbraked a 749 in T1 at VIR, then slid out on the gas. I very quickly came to the realization that I *NEVER* wanted to see my 1000 sliding down the track ever again. It took a little while, but I was finally able to pull the trigger on a strictly track bike...

If I would have known how much fun an R6 is on the track, I would have done it LONG ago, instead of setting up the 1000...

Ah, well... Hindsight is always 20/20 right?
Since it was so long ago, and I don't know your location, I was wondering if you ever rode BeaveRun with Reduc.
Yeah, 600s are way more fun. My gixxer 600 replaced my CBR 929.

winger

I'm in, my first time at the Beave, and first track day with NESBA, I am new to the area so if anyone wants to be my tour guide for the day that would be great.

I have a black and white ZX6 and we be in beginner for sure for the day.

Any advice on how NESBA runs their beginner program, the only org I have done track days with so far is STT for comparison.