Roll call Road Atlanta Memorial day weekend

z064life

nikk777;274609 wrote: I'll be there Sat in "A" group. Any one to play cat and mouse with? Need to drop a couple seconds... Orange ZX-10 #777

Also, are the gates open 24/7 per usual or must I be signed in before 10pm to come and go 24/7? I've read it both ways on here? I tend to roll in late the night before and need to adjust for a 10pm cutoff...
What lap times are you running? I'm in A but I may just be a rolling chicane to you lol

nikk777

Control Rider
z064life;274611 wrote: What lap times are you running? I'm in A but I may just be a rolling chicane to you lol
Personal best is a 1.32. Shooting for 1.30-1.31...1.29 is my pie in the sky by the end of the season. I'm not a little boy so I could probably lose a couple seconds just by losing some pounds! :doh: Ice cream is the devil! :argh:

Also will the layout include the AMA chicane or no?

z064life

nikk777;274616 wrote: Personal best is a 1.32. Shooting for 1.30-1.31...1.29 is my pie in the sky by the end of the season. I'm not a little boy so I could probably lose a couple seconds just by losing some pounds! :doh: Ice cream is the devil! :argh:

Also will the layout include the AMA chicane or no?
No on the AMA from what I hear and last time I was there I was in I at 1:44 so I'll just try to stay out of your way lol

nikk777

Control Rider
z064life;274623 wrote: No on the AMA from what I hear and last time I was there I was in I at 1:44 so I'll just try to stay out of your way lol
Thanks for the info...and we all started somewhere!!! Welcome to hitch up with me and let me follow you for a lap then let me lead you for a lap while upping the pace just a little. I've done that with buddies and them drop 2-4 seconds in one session. You ride at a pace you are comfortable with while pushing just a little because you see someone else doing it in front of you. That's what has helped me get faster....seeing is believing.

nikk777;274625 wrote: Thanks for the info...and we all started somewhere!!! Welcome to hitch up with me and let me follow you for a lap then let me lead you for a lap while upping the pace just a little. I've done that with buddies and them drop 2-4 seconds in one session. You ride at a pace you are comfortable with while pushing just a little because you see someone else doing it in front of you. That's what has helped me get faster....seeing is believing.
I like this idea!!!!! Now to convince a couple of those guys in orange shirts to do it with me. Mike? John? Steve? Please?

z064life

nikk777;274625 wrote: Thanks for the info...and we all started somewhere!!! Welcome to hitch up with me and let me follow you for a lap then let me lead you for a lap while upping the pace just a little. I've done that with buddies and them drop 2-4 seconds in one session. You ride at a pace you are comfortable with while pushing just a little because you see someone else doing it in front of you. That's what has helped me get faster....seeing is believing.
Hey, if you are willing to do that I would be most gracious. I was always getting faster in I because there was always another bike to chase down. In A it seems like I'm off pace and can't keep up with most for long. There is usually some I am faster than but it seems the next fastest guy to me is quite a bot faster.

So that being said, I'd love to ride with you and have you help me. Don't let me slow down your progress to getting sub 130 though.

cartmen34

Does anybody know if the gate/pit access times have changed because of the schedule change? Will we still be able to get in and start setting up Friday evening around 5:00 - 5:30?

Ex. 39

cartmen34;274662 wrote: Does anybody know if the gate/pit access times have changed because of the schedule change? Will we still be able to get in and start setting up Friday evening around 5:00 - 5:30?
Yes, we'll be able to get in between 5-530 this afternoon, gates will be open 24 hours after that. There is some sort of testing going on there today, so those times may vary a bit depending on what time they finish and let us in.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk

JRA

It shouldn't be any later than 5:00. They have a test or something going on today and if that finishes early they will probably let us in earlier.

Gate is generally open around the clock after that. There is one guard at night and he could be gone occasionally for ten or fifteen minutes. If you get there and the gate is closed with no one around just hang out and he'll be back.

Inside paddock. Limited power (but better last month than I have ever seen it), good showers are across the track.

Lots or people will there, please be courteous with how you set up, park, dogs, children, generators etc.

Bryant

He who isn't afraid, isn't trying hard enough.
Ahh man. Couldn't sleep last night! Lol I was just too excited! 1.5 months between ridding is too long. Plus barber we got rained out... :(

You know how some ppl count sheep to try and fall asleep. Well i was counting turns lol. Running thru the track in my mind. Turn one turn two... By the 3rd lap i finally fell asleep! See most of you guys tonight!

TeamBeer

I think they have a sign on their trailer that says "See your photos", because they have several computers setup for you to see your pictures at the track.

Narcosis

Oh ok. I was there yesterday and had to leave quick after last session, so I didn't get a chance to stop by there. The last events on the picsofyou.com site are from Barber and VIR in April. I'll keep checking it for RA.

Thanks