ROLL CALL! Summit 6/5-7

RollieManollie

Control Rider
slow_honda;59937 wrote: Maybe we should have some tricycle races in the pits. Mandatory beer chug on every lap :D
Somehow I remember taking part of that last year before the cops were called in during the national....lol!

I think you were there too...!:D

Dave561

Control Rider
RollieManollie;59942 wrote: Somehow I remember taking part of that last year before the cops were called in during the national....lol!

I think you were there too...!:D
Maybe pleading the 5th would be a good idea now ;)

surfercc

Control Rider
Can you buy beers in the grocery store in WV? I may need to top off the reserves earlier than expected if it's a beer/lap

Blaise

Thunderace;59941 wrote: Blaise, you're forgetting one important fact, you're not going to NJMP! If you can get through turns 5-7 without hitting sealer, you are a better rider than I am. Turns one and three should also be a little hairy. We had a day in 2007 when the pavement was brand new and absolutely no sealer and it was too much rain to ride. The best thing you can do is show up prepared to ride, in any conditions. You will never know until you get there.
Thanks for the input... I guess I don't remember 5-7 that well from last September.

Guess I just wish there was a way to know before I take a day off from work! :b:

Madski

I'm glad to show up - hell even a chance of riding is better than work :) just wondering since Summit has a rep for being slick in the wet.
I've ridden Beaver in the wet (I know there's a joke in there) and it was more or less fine but it has a much better surface than summit.

Dave561

Control Rider
kd83;59950 wrote: Dave what compound should i run on my trike??

Sc1 or sc2?? :D
I'll have to check and see if we still have the trikes. I'd pay money to see Kaley on one. :D

Katie785

Blaise;59959 wrote: Thanks for the input... I guess I don't remember 5-7 that well from last September.

Guess I just wish there was a way to know before I take a day off from work! :b:
They've changed it about 3 times since last September lol.. i Was there for mem day weekend with CCS and it was a sealerfest in 5-7... it wasnt dewy or anything in the Am so im not sure if that was slick. T3 sure was!

ridelater

RollieManollie;59647 wrote: Hahaha! I was waiting for a response like that! You still have your rain tires....better mount them if nesba decides to run it.

Wera shut down the national there last year because it rained due to the sealer, wonder if nesba will do the same?
i am here now w/ a track group got in two session before it started to come down. the sealer in 3 and 5 and 6 will catch you out. very bad here:mad:

ridelater

also can someone bring a battery charger to the track can lend in during the rider meeting please. battery is either dead loose wire etc.. don't feel like checking in the rain. almost made an ass of myself went to bumb start it then slip in the wet and held on and almost drop it in the pit. nice! anyway they are riding here two groups 15 min rotaions

jls223

Lars;60017 wrote: The weather forecast really sucks! :doh:
90% chance for rain is the forecast: http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USWV0726?dayNum=1&from=36hr_topnav_undeclared
I am sitting here at work with the truck all packed and have a 5-6 hour drive ahead of me to do 'one' TD.

Can someone find a big fan and blow away that s... weather !?
I hope that it clears up, but looks not too good.

CU all,
Lars
Ditto big time. :agree:

I'm heading up to the track shortly to help with the air fencing. I put my scuba gear in the back of the tahoe! :eek:

Blaise

ridelater;60019 wrote: i am here now w/ a track group got in two session before it started to come down. the sealer in 3 and 5 and 6 will catch you out. very bad here:mad:
Making me wanna not drive down and just go to work... :(

alphamale

What are the conditions when they will call it on main? I don't want to miss a full day of work if it's a 90% chance that it will be called.

I know if it's Jefferson they won't even attempt it in a drizzle.

rostam

ridelater;60023 wrote: also can someone bring a battery charger to the track can lend in during the rider meeting please. battery is either dead loose wire etc.. don't feel like checking in the rain. almost made an ass of myself went to bumb start it then slip in the wet and held on and almost drop it in the pit. nice! anyway they are riding here two groups 15 min rotaions
It was a wash? Anyone ride?

AnonymousR1

So do we have to drive all the way out there to be told if it's canceled or not? I just got a spot for Saturday at Jefferson. Want to test out the 211GP's on the 09 R1!

JGardy_781

AnonymousR1;60069 wrote: So do we have to drive all the way out there to be told if it's canceled or not? I just got a spot for Saturday at Jefferson. Want to test out the 211GP's on the 09 R1!
You don't have to drive all the way out - if you don't show up, and the event's cancelled, you still get your $$ back as part of the rain insurance policy thing. If you don't show up, but there is riding, you don't get your money back - same as if you don't show up for a day in the dry.

There's no magic answer as to if they'll run or not. Decision probably won't be made to call the day (if it is going to be called...) until mid-afternoon at the earliest (from my prior experience, at least).

Blaise

AnonymousR1;60069 wrote: So do we have to drive all the way out there to be told if it's canceled or not? I just got a spot for Saturday at Jefferson. Want to test out the 211GP's on the 09 R1!
Jefferson will be fine. No chance of rain Sat.