Roll Call: Thunderbolt Fri, Sat, Sun 8/25-8/27

jhuff1219

Control Rider
I'm in for all 3 days and I'm crossing my fingers and toes that we will have tire service at this event as I will be in need of a set (or two) of tires before the weekend is over. :)

rsr

Chung bungdert
With the weather so gorgeous I'm in for all three days!
Any word on tires services?

Dom17

Intermediate Intermediate
In Sat/Sun. Wish I was coming Friday.

Question: Does anyone have the contact info for the tire guy who will be there? He usually sells pirellis right? I need to see if I can get a set of Q3s down there. I had some on order from revzilla and they are being delayed and wont be delivered on time. If anyone has his info or number I would appreciate it so I can call him and organize something for the weekend. Thank you!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
[B said:
Question: Does anyone have the contact info for the tire guy who will be there? He usually sells pirellis right? I need to see if I can get a set of Q3s down there. I had some on order from revzilla and they are being delayed and wont be delivered on time. If anyone has his info or number I would appreciate it so I can call him and organize something for the weekend. Thank you! [/B]

Yup, Mike's a Pirelli guy. He won't have Q3s, but the Pirelli Rosso Corsa would be the comparable tire. There is also the Diablo Supercorsa SP, which is OEM on some high end streetbikes - tread pattern is the same as the Supercorsa race DOTs (SC1, SC2, etc) but the compound is a bit more street oriented, no warmers needed. Mike can explain way better than I can and recommend which is best for you.

I found this info, cut and pasted below:
Metric Devil Moto (MDM) is owned and operated by Mike Faillace. MDM offers full race bike prepping including suspension sales and service. MDM is a Penske Racing Shocks (PRS) Factory Authorized Support Team (FAST) dealer. MDM is the official Pirelli provider for Mid-Atlantic and Atlantic region for N2 Track Days, CCS and Northeast WERA racing events.

Contact Information:

Metric Devil Moto
5158 Applebutter Rd
Pipersville, Pennsylvania
Call (610) 833-8271
mike@metricdevilmoto.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/metricdevilmoto/
Web: http://www.metricdevilmoto.com/

Last edited:

ridelater

I'll be there all three days. First day on my 600. Next two on my sv braking in new forks and changing up some gearing b4 final ccs weekend. Would love to start each session with any other sv guys in A group.

Dom17

Yup, Mike's a Pirelli guy. He won't have Q3s, but the Pirelli Rosso Corsa would be the comparable tire. There is also the Diablo Supercorsa SP, which is OEM on some high end streetbikes - tread pattern is the same as the Supercorsa race DOTs (SC1, SC2, etc) but the compound is a bit more street oriented, no warmers needed. Mike can explain way better than I can and recommend which is best for you.

Metric Devil Moto (MDM) is owned and operated by Mike Faillace. MDM offers full race bike prepping including suspension sales and service. MDM is a Penske Racing Shocks (PRS) Factory Authorized Support Team (FAST) dealer. MDM is the official Pirelli provider for Mid-Atlantic and Atlantic region for N2 Track Days, CCS and Northeast WERA racing events.

Contact Information:

Metric Devil Moto
5158 Applebutter Rd
Call (610) 833-8271
mike@metricdevilmoto.com

Thanks!! I will reach out to him. There is still a lot of life left on my front tire, would it be foolish to mix brands? I am going to ask him but I was wondering what the opinions are on the forums.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I don't like mixing brands, but I think some folks do. I'd be ok mixing Pirelli with Metzeler, as they are essentially the same. Mike can guide you better, I'd go with what he says.

jhuff1219

Control Rider

Contact Information:

Metric Devil Moto
5158 Applebutter Rd
Call (610) 833-8271
mike@metricdevilmoto.com

I just got off the phone with Metric Devil Moto and no decision has been made yet on whether Mike will attend PittRace (MotoAmerica) or NJMP this weekend. It is my understanding the decision will be made by end of business today and we will all be informed of that decision shortly thereafter.

Dom17

Im going to be calling him later today too, i need to get my tire situation sorted. I only have enough tread to last 1 day. Its time i get a set of irons and learn to set my own tires. I just need a compressor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Im going to be calling him later today too, i need to get my tire situation sorted. I only have enough tread to last 1 day. Its time i get a set of irons and learn to set my own tires. I just need a compressor.

I recommend saving for a No-Mar. It's a manual changer, but a lot easier than trying to use tire irons. I dunno, maybe I just never got the technique down trying to use lesser equipment than the No-Mar, lol.

Dom17

Good news I just spoke with Mark and he says that he expects to be at New Jersey starting at noon on Friday this weekend