Scott Levy's Videos

ScottLevy

Control Rider
Hey all.

Just creating a spot for posting up my videos so you guys can see yourselves out there.
Will also post up some laps of each track as I get to them.

To kick it off, here's one from the RA July 4th weekend:
7/5/14, 1PM Advanced session looking at the hand controls:

Well there you have it !!! If anybody wants to know how it's supposed to look then watch this Vid.
That's my circle keeper laying it down bad ass .
AWE YHEA AWE YHEA ZUCKA ZUCKA PAP PAP !!

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Nice video Scott ...... Not to be critical because I wouldn't have given you the nickname of "Mr. Perfect Body Position" if I didn't think you're doing most things right:).... but I think the YCRS guys would remind you to turn the throttle more like a screwdriver to open up your right side a bit. Are you wearing the pair of gloves that was giving you a bit of a problem? I love Held gloves but yours look a little baggy.

ScottLevy

Control Rider
Nice video Scott ...... Not to be critical because I wouldn't have given you the nickname of "Mr. Perfect Body Position" if I didn't think you're doing most things right:).... but I think the YCRS guys would remind you to turn the throttle more like a screwdriver to open up your right side a bit. Are you wearing the pair of gloves that was giving you a bit of a problem? I love Held gloves but yours look a little baggy.

Please - critique away :)

Yeah I've been having issues with my right hand going numb and I'm thinking of changing gloves and grips.

I do plan on taking YCRS as I consider myself a constant work-in-progress.

You'll notice also I'm still leading with my body a bit as opposed to leaning with the bike. I'm trying to break that habit.

I thought the pov was a great tool to really analyze what your body and right hand are doing.

sv650

Kendall
Awesome. I think you followed me for almost an entire session at NJMP June 23rd.

I remember seeing you had two gopros, one facing forwards and one backwards. Was that a custom mount or do they sell something for that? I'd like to have a backwards facing mount for the next NJMP round in a few weeks.

ScottLevy

Control Rider
I remember you! Your name slips my mind tho :/

I am just now getting through those videos. I will be posting them all up. I'll try to detail who is in them, but you may need to scroll through to find out.

As far as the mounts, just two separate sticky mounts next to each other. I'll post a pic of the set up when I can.

Eventually I'll make a composite video with multiple angles...

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I was just curious, as another org I used to ride with required some sort of secondary attachment, irregardless of the type of mount. I've seen them come off, but I don't know if it was the suction cup mount or the sticky. Seems prudent to wire them, but I don't know if N2 has any such requirement. :)

This is an opinion based on no experience other than I've seem a few on the track. Perhaps those mounts are very secure. I don't have one. Carry on! Love the vids!

ScottLevy

Control Rider
The camera itself is tethered to the sticky mount with a rubber piece of material that prevents the base from unclipping.

Thanks Judy!

ScottLevy

Control Rider
Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce: JADSTA A.K.A. Pit Bitch!
I've been going back and forth over a title for this one and a couple come to mind:

Two Cherries in One Day
Jadsta: One Helluva Stunt Double

How would you title it? :)

For the novices, anyone want to take a shot at what happened, why it happened and how it could have been prevented?
A valuable lesson can be learned from this one.
I didn't have time to run it through in slow-mo, but you can double tap the space bar to get that effect :)

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I could tell within the first 30 seconds of watching that video that he was going to crash. Most definitely did not look comfortable on that bike. At all.

mpusch

Micah
I'm interested to hear the feedback here. Obviously he looked very tight and upright on the bike, and he went through a wet spot on the track right before he lost it.

ScottLevy

Control Rider
Just wanted to explicitly add that this was Jared's first day on a street bike - ever. He is a pretty bad ass motocross racer and has extensive dirt track experience. He was stoked to get out there, maybe too excited in fact and well, at least we can take a moment to reflect what went wrong and what he could have done to prevent it. After all, this won't be the last time it's wet on the track :)

steftoff

I'm with Judy and would like to add he was upsetting the bike by making twitchy moves when setting up for the turns. Mostly he was hamfisted though.

Stefan

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Just wanted to explicitly add that this was Jared's first day on a street bike - ever. He is a pretty bad ass motocross racer and has extensive dirt track experience. He was stoked to get out there, maybe too excited in fact and well, at least we can take a moment to reflect what went wrong and what he could have done to prevent it. After all, this won't be the last time it's wet on the track :)

Well I guess it goes to show it doesn't matter if you're Ricky Carmichael or not - dirt experience does not translate into street track riding experience. ;)