SED Days are LIVE!

Nesba

I have activated the SED days for your registration. These days do not apply to anyone who purchased a package. If you are ELITE you do get a better price.

Warning: Do not weather watch because we are having a very low limit on the registrations and you may miss out on the opportunity to ride and open track with NO sessions.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
So I will admit I am a total newbie to the Skill Enhancement Days. Never done one before. What's the day scheduled like? What's the difference between them and a regular track day? Surely I can't be the only one with this burning question. :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Otto Man;287322 wrote: So I will admit I am a total newbie to the Skill Enhancement Days. Never done one before. What's the day scheduled like? What's the difference between them and a regular track day? Surely I can't be the only one with this burning question. :)

Open to A and I
riders. There are CRs on hand to work with anyone. Open track all day for the one combined A/I group, go on and off as you please.

The Endurance Days had a similar format, but I think new I riders could not attend; I riders had to have completed 5 days in I. I don't believe that's the case for the Skills Days. Probably some clarification from nesba would be appropriate.

Pseudolus

IN for the 25th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:adore::haha:

Nesba

The format is pretty simple:

Track opens at 9am
Advanced and Intermediate group is combined till 12pm and we break for lunch. Open back up at 1pm and close at 6pm.

Passing rules are: Be nice :)

You will be exhausted. You will learn more in one day than in 6 months of riding on the track. You will go through your tires, maybe two sets.

okayh

People sue McDonalds for making them fat. Can I sue NESBA for making me broke?

This is very tempting! gahhhh!

Nesba

okayh;287329 wrote: People sue McDonalds for making them fat. Can I sue NESBA for making me broke?

This is very tempting! gahhhh!
Actually...if you do a cost per lap analysis, this is the cheapest track day you will ever attend! :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Nesba;287328 wrote: The format is pretty simple:

Passing rules are: Be nice :)
Might I suggest an addition to the above? The YCRS passing rules, which nesba used in the past for the endurance days, I feel work very well. And they're simple: NO passing when bikes are moving TOWARDS each other.

Translation: NO passing from the turn in point to the apex (bikes are moving towards each other)
Passing allowed on the inside after the apex to the exit (bikes are moving away from each other)
As usual, passing ok on the outside, but be mindful that as you do this pass on the outside after the apex, bikes are again moving towards each other; the bike being passed may use the whole track, pushing the passing bike off track. So get it done early before the bikes start moving together.

Nesba

I was joking in a sense. If the rules are too complicated no one will follow them which will cause a huge amount of frustration. What you explained would confuse me.

A passing rules will apply. Our I riders can easily be in the A group at ANY other organization.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Nesba;287337 wrote: I was joking in a sense. If the rules are too complicated no one will follow them which will cause a huge amount of frustration. What you explained would confuse me.

A passing rules will apply. Our I riders can easily be in the A group at ANY other organization.
Fair enough. I personally didn't find it confusing at the YCR school, nor the nesba endurance days. I don't know if anyone else did; maybe they did. I do like no passing after the tip in point to the apex (I feel it's safer since we're not racing), which basically translates into nesba's rule of no stuffing up the inside. So, same thing, just explained differently. :)

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
HondaGalToo;287336 wrote: Might I suggest an addition to the above? The YCRS passing rules, which nesba used in the past for the endurance days, I feel work very well. And they're simple: NO passing when bikes are moving TOWARDS each other.

Translation: NO passing from the turn in point to the apex (bikes are moving towards each other)

"A" groupers have no passing rules, and "I" guys can pass any time on the outside. You're further restricting passing rules, even at the "I" group level.

Passing allowed on the inside after the apex to the exit (bikes are moving away from each other)

Makes perfect sense to me, but I can see confusion with some newer "I" group folks. Either you can make insides passes, or you can't. Clear-cut rules eliminate confusion.

As usual, passing ok on the outside, but be mindful that as you do this pass on the outside after the apex, bikes are again moving towards each other; the bike being passed may use the whole track, pushing the passing bike off track. So get it done early before the bikes start moving together.

This is no different than regular "I" passing rules. It's passed at every riders meeting. Every rider is entitled to the entire width of the track. I don't see what this is supposed to accomplish.
I'm not trying to be unsafe, or anything like that...but those rules aren't clicking with me at all.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Otto Man;287340 wrote: I'm not trying to be unsafe, or anything like that...but those rules aren't clicking with me at all.
ok, maybe it's just me, then, but they worked at YCRS.

A group does have passing rules; at the very least, they are to be courteous and don't take away anyone's line nor stand them up. I believe a current A group rule is no stuffing up the inside in a turn. To me, that means exactly what I described; if you pass on the inside before the apex, after the rider you're attempting to pass has already turned into that corner, there's a good chance you'll stand up the rider you're passing, or collide with them. That's not restricting the I group further, as there is no inside passing.

The above is different than passing on the inside before
the turn, before anyone has turned in; that's allowed in all groups, as the bikes are still straight up and down. I'm talking about inside passes in the corner.

The second two points, well, that's really how it currently works anyway.

Just trying to remind folks to be safe and not make questionable passes, that's all.

Nesba

HondaGalToo;287344 wrote: ok, maybe it's just me, then, but they worked at YCRS.

Just trying to remind folks to be safe and not make questionable passes, that's all.
This is exactly whats its about no matter what group you are in!!!!

Mikey75702

Otto Man;287340 wrote: I'm not trying to be unsafe, or anything like that...but those rules aren't clicking with me at all.
It used to be that way with the endurance days... It seemed like the rules were a direct blending of the "I" and "A" rules, with an emphasis on the "I" riders not being or getting taken out during corner entry. Having an A rider come under them during tip in could possibly spook them (probably not but you never know), and an I rider trying to take a tighter line while on the brakes to pass an A rider might tuck the front and take them both out... Worked well in the past, but the explanation of it on the forums didn't work very well iirc...

Meat

HondaGalToo;287344 wrote: ok, maybe it's just me, then, but they worked at YCRS.
Oops, I must have been dreaming about ribeyes. I didn't know there were passing rules at YCRS.

erichmond

An additional rider for everyone to practice passing on Wednesday the 25th - I just signed up! ;)

This is my least favorite track - I gotta learn to ride it better and force myself to like it.