Solo Novice Riders - Summit Point - 5/20

Are you a solo Novice riding interested in riding with a group of solo riders?

• Total voters

MainLineCoffee

Looking for any solo riders heading to Summit Point on 5/20. My goal for this track day is to find others like me that are heading to the track solo and would like to connect with other solo riders. My goal is to have someone to ride a few laps with during a few sessions so we can follow/lead and give each other feedback on how things look and feel if possible. Personally, I think it would be great to have someone I can follow, and someone that can follow me periodically as we learn together.

If you are interested in connecting with other solo riders at Summit Point on 5/20. Please reach out to me and I will work out a way to get us all connected. I checked with Summit Point and they do not rent paddock space like at PITT. It's first come first served. If there is enough interest in this concept, I will work on bringing something to my space to give any solo riders that want to partner up a place to meet.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
There are a few lonely fellows running around in orange shirts that enjoy long walks by the apexes and talking about bikes. Feel free to strike up a conversation. They may even let you follow them a lap or two. :D

But seriously always good to have a peer or a nemesis to “push” you to explore the limits of you and your bike. It motivates us to do more than just circulate and focus on what we and others are doing and sometimes seeing that little extra speed or a slightly different line opens up a new advance in our own riding.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I will add that is important for each novice rider to work on themselves and their riding only. We discourage riders from looking for their buddies. You have enough to worry about your own riding, let the CR's help you and the others in the group. They are all competent in riding at your pace without any fears of riding over their abilities.

tdelegram

Control Rider
There are a few lonely fellows running around in orange shirts that enjoy long walks by the apexes and talking about bikes. Feel free to strike up a conversation. They may even let you follow them a lap or two. :D

But seriously always good to have a peer or a nemesis to “push” you to explore the limits of you and your bike. It motivates us to do more than just circulate and focus on what we and others are doing and sometimes seeing that little extra speed or a slightly different line opens up a new advance in our own riding.
This year I can be your nemesis

MainLineCoffee

I will add that is important for each novice rider to work on themselves and their riding only. We discourage riders from looking for their buddies. You have enough to worry about your own riding, let the CR's help you and the others in the group. They are all competent in riding at your pace without any fears of riding over their abilities.
That message is clear. Totally agree, maybe what I am trying to get from this is some way to share feedback? If we had a 1:1 control rider ratio, that would be great. I believe CR's are volunteers right? I'd be willing to pay a CR to ride a few 20 min sessions with me, tell me your Venmo or Zelle and we can work out a price. :)

Benji_519

Looking for any solo riders heading to Summit Point on 5/20. My goal for this track day is to find others like me that are heading to the track solo and would like to connect with other solo riders. My goal is to have someone to ride a few laps with during a few sessions so we can follow/lead and give each other feedback on how things look and feel if possible. Personally, I think it would be great to have someone I can follow, and someone that can follow me periodically as we learn together.

If you are interested in connecting with other solo riders at Summit Point on 5/20. Please reach out to me and I will work out a way to get us all connected. I checked with Summit Point and they do not rent paddock space like at PITT. It's first come first served. If there is enough interest in this concept, I will work on bringing something to my space to give any solo riders that want to partner up a place to meet.
If your budget allows I would recommend looking into the ATP program. Great program.

tdelegram

Control Rider
That message is clear. Totally agree, maybe what I am trying to get from this is some way to share feedback? If we had a 1:1 control rider ratio, that would be great. I believe CR's are volunteers right? I'd be willing to pay a CR to ride a few 20 min sessions with me, tell me your Venmo or Zelle and we can work out a price. :)
Check out ATP it's 1 on 1 coaching with a defined curriculum to build strong foundational habits that work on track, on street and in dirt.

I haven't ridden with N2, but have several other organizations. I hear great things about N2 and expect that you will have more than enough feedback. If anything, I'd say that feedback is measured based on perception of how much you can or are willing to absorb.

I'm always solo, however, I find that the same riders seem to end up together every session, which in turn can spark conversations in the pits. It's an interesting dynamic really. Riders of similar speed seem to gravitate toward each other both on and off the track. The folks you have been interacting with on the track are normally the first ones to congratulate you when you get a bump, then it starts over with the new group.

You may not be aware, but in novice it will be very structured who you are riding with, at least at the beginning. Different organizations cut novice riders loose at different points during the day, and also depending on how everyone is riding. Regardless, in the beginning you will be getting a level of coach interaction that I'm certain will make you happy. The coaches like what they are doing and also gravitate towards those who want their input. Quite frankly, they only ones in either novice or intermediate groups that I would want their feedback are the coaches. The other riders closer to your level are probably not the best source of feedback.

All that said: In the pits, I find that people interact with those that they don't know largely based on the perception of how friendly you are. I also find that organizations where the coaches and staff keep to themselves tend to be less social than ones where the coaches make an effort to socialize. I really like groups where the coaches and staff make a point to interact with people they don't know. If you like company in the pits, I suggest tools, air compressor, and food :). In the evening, nice mood lighting.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I think that two or more Novice riders that are completely new to the environment and have no real basis for any analysis, advise and guidance partnering and offering each other advise is a fabulous idea.

Anyone wanna buy some swamp land in Montana I heard about?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go talk to some Vegans about the best way to make a sirloin on a cast iron skillet.