SOLVED: Inconsistent squishy brakes

nodakgus

Thanks for all the advice. I ordered a used set of rotors off ebay. Received them last night. Cleaned and installed them today and viola`...squishiness that kicked in every time the wheel rotated is no more. It was a bent rotor. Sending my rotor out to be straightened was good advice but I did not have the time it takes for a turn-around job like that.

Steve

stkr

Steve - Thanks for the follow-up. So many times, people never post their findings. Glad you got it all worked out.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Congrats on resolving the problem. Any idea how it got bent? Takes a serious whack to bend a 6mm stainless disc.

What are the odds of two Steve's on 07 zixxers?

nodakgus

ninjamansc;184714 wrote: Congrats on resolving the problem. Any idea how it got bent? Takes a serious whack to bend a 6mm stainless disc.

My best guess is that sometime inbetween the time I took off the wheel and carefully braced it and placed it in my wife's minivan (to take it to a tirechanger and bring it back home) until the tire changer guy put the wheel (with the fresh tires) back into our minivan something happened. I am the one who took the wheels back out of the minivan and it was braced up securely for the return trip too. So something may have happened while the wheels were in the possession of the tire changer but I have no proof of anything. Other than that, I am stumped as to how the wheel got bent...

Kegger

ninjamansc;184714 wrote: Congrats on resolving the problem. Any idea how it got bent? Takes a serious whack to bend a 6mm stainless disc.

Heat? Thats how I warped my stockers.