Stomp grips best?

nodakgus

Before I dive in spending cash is the general consensus that Stomp Grip is one of the best? Or are their other strong contenders?

Thanks,
Steve:)

rk97

stomp grip works well at what it's supposed to do, but it eats up the inside of the knees on your leathers.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTIuanBn.jpg

that was after 6 days with stomp-grip on the F2 - but I did love the way it let me hang off. All the "weight the outside peg" advice is a lot easier when you can drive your knee into the tank.

I know others use the foam-style tank grips and seem to like those. They're easier on leathers for sure.

rk97

oddly enough, my RIGHT leg is worse even though most of the tracks i ride have a lot more right turns than left... I would have expected the opposite wear pattern.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyOTEuanBn.jpg

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I have stomp grip and it's done the same thing to my leathers, I'm not too worried about it. It seems to be the most popular choice. Also check out Tech Spec tank grip and Tank Tredz for two other good options. I haven't used either, but they look like they'll do the job with perhaps less abrasion to your leathers, but I'm not certain about that.

Tony A

I have used stomp and the techspec, they both work well. tech spec does have 3 different pattern styles.

RyanITV

Admin
I prefer tech-spec; been using Dean's stuff for 2 years. The snakeskin stuff removes with no goo - so I was able to swap it between the 1098R and the 848 all last season.

Ryan

Dave561

Control Rider
I've used both and I think overall grip is a little better with the stompgrip but I have noticed as pointed out that it does cause wear on the legs of your leathers. I think in the future I'll be using the snakeskin pattern tech specs

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
I used tech specs without any wear, but the right one came off in the middle of riding. It was weird b/c I had it on there for over a year and came back after a session and it was just missing.

I had a hard time getting the stomp grip installed right before I wrecked my bike. I think I am going to go back to the tech specs.

slowpoke

somebody turned me onto TankTredz and the stuff is awesome. very grippy, thin, and zero wear on the leathers.

kd83

I have used both and i like stomp grips better, just feel like i get a lot more grip from them

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
kd83;78654 wrote: I have used both and i like stomp grips better, just feel like i get a lot more grip from them
What do you know, you change bikes to fast to learn what works well. :flipoff:

ronhix

I think Marshall used some kind of anti-slip stuff from Home Depot and liked it better than Stomp Grip. But then again, Marshall has always been a little "out there". :)

Wink

ronhix;78784 wrote: I think Marshall used some kind of anti-slip stuff from Home Depot and liked it better than Stomp Grip. But then again, Marshall has always been a little "out there". :)

Marshall was using a form of no-slip similar to a sand paper. It seemed to destroy his leathers if I recall.

I use StompGrip and love it. You may also want to contact Derek in the SE Region. I think he was making and selling a competitor to StompGrip. His were significantly firmer than Stomp if I recall.

kd83

dark nater;78783 wrote: What do you know, you change bikes to fast to learn what works well. :flipoff:

Your just upset you didn't wreck yours bad enough to get a new one :argh:

smack28752

I was using StompGrip and had one side peel off an the back straight at CMP. Luckily it rolled up under my butt rather than slapping the following rider in the head!

I replaced them with Tech Spec Snake Skins and just finished my first weekend with them. Very impressed. Good grip, no wear on the leathers. They were easy to apply and if done right, can be re-applied as needed. As mentioned earlier, they have a couple different styles to choose from too.

rk97

so what's cheapest? lol.

as much as the stomp grip beat up my leathers, I don't foresee myself sliding on the insides of my knees unless i'm already doing the splits on the track - in that case, i'm more worried about... you get the idea...

so the wear is pretty much negligible, but it does happen.

BonesDT

rk97;79403 wrote: so what's cheapest? lol.

as much as the stomp grip beat up my leathers, I don't foresee myself sliding on the insides of my knees unless i'm already doing the splits on the track - in that case, i'm more worried about... you get the idea...

so the wear is pretty much negligible, but it does happen.
Moon sells the Stomp Grips.

I decided to go with the Tech Specs though. It's just a little upsetting that Tech Spec has a 1-2 week turn around answering emails, if ever. I'm still waiting after a month for a definite yes or no as to whether they have a pre-cut kit for my bike (it's not on their site, but I read on my bike's forum they might have it anyway). I hate bad customer service in a bad economy.