Summit main 9/26

devildogae

couple questions since I've never been there before. Is there a gate fee, electric fee? Do they have plenty of electricity hookups? Speaker system good?

I'm really interested if there will be suspension guys there, and also tire guys there. This is a Monday TD.

Thanks!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
No gate fee. Electric is $20, and you get $10 back when you return the lock and key to the front gate at the end of the day. There's definitely a good amount of electric at Summit, but if you have a genny, I would always suggest bringing it. PA system is decent, gets quiet at some parts of the paddock. Best track day item I bring is my $15 clock from Wal-Mart and hang it up in my pit, so I can always watch the time and know what groups are out. Collin (ShagMoto) has typically been at Summit days this year but I am not 100% if he will be there that weekend.

tdelegram

Control Rider
No gate fee. Lots of electric, sometimes there's a fee, other times prior days folks leave the boxes unlocked. Speakers are good, not high fidelity, more quadrophonic. Collin will be there on Monday for tires and can also help with hard parts and suspension.

Eddie

Many track day orgs utilize the FM transmitter associated with the PA system. Not sure why all don't.
You tune your radio to 88.7 or something like that. I always tune in and crank the outside trailer speakers.
Fuel is onsite as well.

Eddie

you have way too many toys!
I want to come by and check out that 390. They always appealed to me.

tdelegram

Control Rider
you have way too many toys!
I want to come by and check out that 390. They always appealed to me.

Feel free, we'll be running the 390 on Main in preparation for endurance racing next year. I'll be running my rc8 and my teammate will be on the 390. I'll spend Sunday at Shenny on the little ktm. Look for the KTM's and the KTM easy up, we shouldn't be hard to find.

PS, I just picked up the little ktm and will be riding it for the first time on the track at PIRC this weekend, I may have done some hooligan runs on the back roads near my house and boy is it light!

silent-chris

I will be there Monday. I am wondering if anyone is looking to put together. I am coming up alone, my gf had to work and couldn't get off. Will be there LATE Sunday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JakeSizzle

Just wanted to say that I had a GREAT time doing the back-to-back Shenny/Main weekend at Summit Point this past weekend! I think doing Shenny really got me ready for Main rather than going into that TD cold. Dropped my best time a second or so and it was exciting helping set up the air fence Saturday night. The preparation involved with making a track day happen (from both the participant perspective as well as the hosting organization) is incredible!

A big thank you to CR Thomas for some great coaching on Sunday. Looks like it's time to work on pushing back my brake markers!