Summit Point Tech and Registration

sSalopek

Control Rider
Director
We are trying to simplify the Tech and Registration process in the morning for everybody.
For those of you who attended NJMP with us yesterday this will be familiar to you.

Tech and Registration will be ran similar to our old express registration.

This process is for pre-registered members only!!
If you have not registered or paid for the day you will not be able to go straight to cold pit. You will have to report to the classroom to get registered first.

What You Will Need:

Photo I.D
Riding Gear (Boots, Helmet, Gloves, Leathers, Back Protector, etc)
Your Motorcycle

Tech and Registration will be held in "Cold Pit". Grab all of your "What You Will Need" items and just come straight to cold pit.

You will receive your registration wristband and tech inspection in cold pit. There will be no need to come to the classroom to register and get your wristband first.

If anybody has any questions or concerns just post below and I will get them sorted out for you.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Any feedback from NJMP from our members about how they felt the Registration went? Seems like it went well for the first run through. Never more than 3 bikes deep and that was only around 7:45 (rush hour).

physicistkev

Control Rider
The process was great. Better than the previous method. Now, that being said, there wasn't exactly a huge number of people there and, there were a lot of N2 people for the tech inspection. A Saturday or Sunday at Summit or other track that draws the max number of participants, may show a bit more strain. I think, no matter what, the experience will be better than in past years since the process is streamlined and simpler.

Improvements I can think of (these were not issues at NJMP, just going on past experiences):

Remind people to bring the appropriate gear to the reg/tech line with the tech announcement. If the line is long, have someone quickly ask/remind people to have the correct gear while they are in line. And, make the line accessible and easy to exit if someone has forgotten anything. The biggest time waster is when someone forgets something and they hold up everyone else. The goal would be to get someone out of the way if they have forgotten something, so the others can move smoothly through the process.

Get the same number of tech lines as there are tech inspectors. If there are 6 people inspecting, make six lines. Many times there are 2 lines and 4+ inspectors. Sometimes I have teched behind someone and I am done before they are. This means I can't move and another person can't be inspected by the person that has completed me, until the person in front of me is done. This is probably the single biggest and most common issue I have seen for the morning process. (I realize that space at some tracks makes this an impossible problem to solve)

Just my 2 cents.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Great feedback. Yes we talked about staffing it more based on sign ups and I like the multi line tech. We should be able to pull something like that off at Summit.

With this process we should be able to identify people with missing items in advance of tech.

Thanks again for the feedback.