Sunday NJMP

LOrtega

Control Rider
I just want to say sorry again for not being able to stay past lunch to the members I was working with. My wife tired to be a trooper but she was not feeling well at all.

Now I just want to cut this off at the pass before someone post something on here which makes me want to find out where they live and beat the hell out of them.

We had a lot of red flags this morning; oddly enough after we stopped the I AND B GROUPS and had a good talk in the pits most of the riders seemed to get the point.
It was cold the conditions were not perfect but to have people crashing on pit out:doh::doh::doh:, 1st lap, or 2nd lap UNDER YELLOW is not acceptable! This was 100% rider error.

There is no reason for anyone to crash in those conditions if they dial it back.
I really feel bad about all the track time your guys lost but this is not a normal NESBA day.
The whole crew hoped you enjoyed your day as best possible.
Sorry if it seemed like we were slowing things down out there but it was for your own good

PS nice seeing the Triumph crew out there. Hope you all had fun.

toptaz1000rr

it was always great to see you and nikki there... always welcomed smiles ... and thank you for working with me a bit before we got split in the pack

i left you a VM message on wifey's cell too btw..

Blaise

Sounds like the red flags continued on Sunday... cold tires don't grip that well people!

AsphaltScraper

LOrtega;24827 wrote:
PS nice seeing the Triumph crew out there. Hope you all had fun.
Thanks, we did have a good time.
We came into the day knowing it'd be cold, and seeing as we didn't know the track we (the 3 of us that had pitted together) were happy to just feel the place out and get to know it ready for the warmer weather next year.
I personally couldn't get the cornering monkeys off of my back (mental ones, especially in the left handers...all 3 of 'em :doh: ) and rode alot slower than I possibly could have even despite the cold conditions. But it's all good, I went home in one piece and I dont have to spend the Winter fixing my bike up.

It was my first Nesba event and it was a positive one, it sucks that it was a bit of a crash fest but that certainly wasn't Nesba's fault.

See you next year! :D

Clarus

I want to add a little bit to this topic too.

There were a LOT of red flags. Before lunch I believe the I group turned maybe 10-15 laps, and like mentioned above they were all ride error, cold tires, opening lap mistakes. Compared to the 10F colder BeaveRun day two weeks before where the I group didn't see a red flag the whole day. The silver lining is that the afternoon was Great. Lots of open track, things warmed up as well as can be expected and the track was wonderful.

What I am proud of is how well NESBA handled the situation. They never loosened their strict requirements of 'red flag first, questions about safety later", they did the best they could with a group of people who were riding over the track's limit, and they tried their hardest at talking to and convincing people to slow down.

At the track I was debating requesting that a standing yellow be waved for the first two laps of most of all the sessions of the day, but as I found out, even that didn't keep people from crashing. Nesba, you guys did a good job with a crummy situation.

Thanks,
--Ben

eastwind

one of the triumph crew checking in...let me add my thumbs up. we had a great day and kept to our goal as asphaltscraper said of going easy and learning the track. i have to say the turn around times for the red flags was good and the safety first policy is always appreciated. and thanks to the control riders in the b group, who even after my 9 track days and a lot of instruction in them, were able to shed light on my riding that other instructors have not!

can't wait to get out there next year and run the track in warmer temps!

ZxRegg6r

I've done 6 track days this year and never seen the Control riders so baffled and piss-off like Sunday. Cr Lenny was going down the grid checking tire temp with his own hand. The look on his face was straight-up WTF is going on. And Drew was outraged:argh:, this guy is always cool when i see him. Never been in grid pep-talk.

I've seen guys get taken out. But never experience it myself, until that dude lost it at da kink before the straight and his bike was spinning toward me. Oh Sh_t:wow:. I went left into the grass took out an exit cone. But was able to off road ride through and get back on the track. :eek:

I always take it easy the first session and the first couple of laps in the 2nd session. But I've learned a lesson through what happend to others if you don't be cool and properly warm your tires especialy on a cold day. Hope that dude is ok!!!!

MikeK

They had every right to be pissed on Sunday, the morning sessions were a complete wash for everyone due to the red flags and the speech actually helped the afternoon sessions run smooth in the "I" group. The CRs were doing a great job at keeping the speeds down on the first couple of laps but it is still up to the individual riders to be smooth on the throttle, brakes, and chassis inputs until the tires get up to temp. I was involved in the crash coming on to the front straight and could not avoid making contact with the rider that went down. John S is the rider who went down and we met about 8 years ago at a Nesba event, although it was an accident it is a tough pill to swallow - everyone needs to wish him a speedy recovery, he is a great guy.

Thanks to Tom and Lenny for the pep talks after the incident, I could not get back up to speed after that but I appreciate the concern.

ZxRegg6r;24920 wrote: I've done 6 track days this year and never seen the Control riders so baffled and piss-off like Sunday. Cr Lenny was going down the grid checking tire temp with his own hand. The look on his face was straight-up WTF is going on. And Drew was outraged:argh:, this guy is always cool when i see him. Never been in grid pep-talk.

I've seen guys get taken out. But never experience it myself, until that dude lost it at da kink before the straight and his bike was spinning toward me. Oh Sh_t:wow:. I went left into the grass took out an exit cone. But was able to off road ride through and get back on the track. :eek:

I always take it easy the first session and the first couple of laps in the 2nd session. But I've learned a lesson through what happend to others if you don't be cool and properly warm your tires especialy on a cold day. Hope that dude is ok!!!!

snikwad

that guy that crashed on the last corner to the straight, what happened, he wasnt moving when i came by.
is he ok?

ZxRegg6r

Hope he's all good. Wish him a speedy recovery. I know it's part of the game, but still real wild to see a rider go down in front of your face at the speed we was going.

Love hurts.

Damn, I love track days!!!!!

LOrtega

Control Rider
The last I heard at the track was he was going to be taken to the hospital for complete check up. He was alert when they took him off the track but must have gotten a concussion. When he fell a fellow rider, who tried his best to avoid him, clipped his helmet with the Crank Case cover that is what knocked him out. It was a scary event and we hope to get an update soon. It could have been much worse.

I think that was the tipping point when we just had to clam everyone down.
Do our pit talks and really enphazise how seriously we take safety.

I want to give a big hand to the all track workers they did a great job didnt miss a beat, considering they were standing out there freezing their A$$es off. :adore:

LOrtega

Control Rider
snikwad;24956 wrote: my bro came thru and snapped a few in the afternoon.
if anyone wants a full size pic lemme know which one, and he'll get you one mad cheap.

Http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery.asp?userid=OmarDawkins&gallery_id=1334560
YO WHERE IS MY PIC!!!!!
I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR BOY!!!
I even waved at him a few times in the middle of that chicane!!!!
Next time I see you on the track IM BUMPING YOU BACK DOWN TO "B"

DISCLAIMER:rtfm:
(NESBA DOES NOT CONDONE REMOVING YOUR HANDS TO WAVE WHILE IN FULL LEAN THROUGH A TURN):dunno:

I think after this weekend NESBA's really going to crack down harder on the 'retards' breaking passing rules.

I'm all for it too.

I know the CR's were out keeping stuff in check as best they could and glad they were too!

BZ

snikwad

LOrtega;25040 wrote: YO WHERE IS MY PIC!!!!!
I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR BOY!!!
I even waved at him a few times in the middle of that chicane!!!!
Next time I see you on the track IM BUMPING YOU BACK DOWN TO "B"

DISCLAIMER:rtfm:
(NESBA DOES NOT CONDONE REMOVING YOUR HANDS TO WAVE WHILE IN FULL LEAN THROUGH A TURN):dunno:
Hhahah, naw, you were long gone before he came through man. Lol. Too bad you had to leave, it truely made a 360 turnaround, after you guys cussed us out. I actually had a lot of fun dicing it up with I-21 and I-918 in the afternoon.
See you guys next season, be easy on the streets.

chris

snikwad;25069 wrote: Hhahah, naw, you were long gone before he came through man. Lol. Too bad you had to leave, it truely made a 360 turnaround, after you guys cussed us out. I actually had a lot of fun dicing it up with I-21 and I-918 in the afternoon.
See you guys next season, be easy on the streets.
hey thanks for that rhon had a blast out there. new to the forum(bike-21) had to come out and get those jitters out of me it's been 2 years since i went down in pocono east planning to get alot of days in next season hope to see you out there:)

machdw69

just wanna say it was nice meeting you and niki and the little yorky. my family enjoyed talking with niki and my daughter especially enjoyed holding the dog, she totally fell in love with the thing and now wants one just like it. hopefully next time niki can be well rested for a better day. hey nike, see ya in the "SLOW lane".

P.S. thanks for scoring the yamaha lanyard for me!!

nrcooled

I want to say thanks to the CRs for really keeping the event as smooth as possible. There were a lot of Red Flags but I still had a blast on Sunday. The second half of the day was just amazing and I was ticking off some pretty decent times.

Bakari #101 I (Silver/Black GSX-R 750)