Suspension Guy? (Pittrace - 6/20)

mpusch

Micah
Is there going to be anyone on-hand at Pitt in a couple weeks for suspension tuning?

The bike felt great to me last year, so I didn't really bother touching much. However, my first outing this year at Pittrace in May (only about 5 laps, due to my clutch burning up) felt pretty unstable through the bumpy sections of the track (8,9, and 12). I'm hoping it's not something mechanically wrong since it feels fine in a straight line at high speeds. I'd like to at least get a baseline going rather than being frustrated for half the day trying to figure it out on my own.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Never seen a suspension tuner make Pitt Race.

The turns you mention are very bumpy.
Not sure any amount of help is going to eliminate the Jackhammer effect in those turns.

mpusch

Micah
Maybe because I just had a few laps this time I didn't get into it enough. Just seemed a lot worse than I remembered and it was really shaking my confidence. I'll try fiddling with it myself I guess if there's no tuners there.

Thanks for the responses.

HavocCat

Chris
mpusch, these sections were way bumpier than I remember as well. Glad to hear you are going to be there on the 20th! see you there!

03bueller

Control Rider
Yeah I'm curious how my bike will do there in July....suspension is relatively stiff right now, I'll probably talk to my suspension guy before I go and see what I need to do....

mpusch

Micah
mpusch, these sections were way bumpier than I remember as well. Glad to hear you are going to be there on the 20th! see you there!

Heck yeah. Finally getting around to my first full weekend! Can't wait.... Once I stop stressing about trying to fix my clutch. But that's a whole different story, haha.