Tank grips

bighammer

dbakerpa;240896 wrote: Thought I would post this up. Great low priced tank grips. I am not sure if he can make them for anything but SV but it would be worth an ask.
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142220

:agree:

Um, that would be me... Thanks for the plug!

Yes, I can and do make them for other bikes. I have a few designs, but I'm to make a template from a sketch/tracing of your tank (no extra charge for new bikes or custom shapes) and I can usually ship them out the next day.

The material is a fine-textured solid neoprene with an adhesive backing. It's grippy without being overly aggressive and has a sleek, low profile look. (about 1/16" thick) Sorry, it only comes in black. Not the greatest picture, but it gives you an idea what it looks like.

P1010120.jpg

bighammer

Not yet, I have a sheet of the material and cut these as needed. I don't have a pattern or template for an R6, but if you email me a scan of the shape you'd like, I can make it happen, though. (and then I would)

dbakerpa

Grips

This is a crappy cell pic but they look great. They feel better than the old ones for sure. Real grippy. Hence the description-tank GRIPS. Good show.

bighammer

I need a shape to work with on these. Somebody needs to send me something, I don't even have a dealership in town where I can go sketch it out myself.

bighammer

Yup, it's picking up and I'm shipping them out nearly every day. :cool: I will be out of town for a couple of days again starting tomorrow, though.

I've made some templates for some other bikes (customers' tracings, and I did a few of the new bikes in Nicholson's showroom in Ann Arbor)

Let me know what you have and/or trace a shape you're looking for.

Pete
bighammer@chartermi.net

bighammer

maxpr1;240988 wrote: Do you have a set for an 07 R6?
moto1320;241257 wrote: Drop a line if you get an R6 template sorted. 06 for me.

Yes to both ($25 shipped)

dlchernyak;241468 wrote: need them for a 2003 600rr
maxpr1;241553 wrote:
^^^^^ What he said!

Yes, see above.

VState60;242323 wrote:
06/07 GSXR 600/750??

Vstate60@gmail.com asap please!

Sorry I didn't get to it 'till now, but I can do yours too for the same price.

My PayPal is bighammer@chartermi.net and please include make, model, year, and forum user name. (if you make payment as a gift or money owed, don't forget you shipping info) I usually ship them out the same or next day and the postal service delivers them pretty quickly.

bighammer

I'm heading down to Deals Gap for the national SV rally in June. I'll be there on the 5th and leave on the 9th, but probably tracing tank shapes and cutting grips more than riding.

I should have a lot more shapes after this trip, so stay tuned. (and if you happen to be down there, look for me and stop and say hello)

TLRSKUNK

Need a set for an 06 GSXR750.
Can you do the center section longer so it covers up higher on the tank? I scratched the Sh!t out of my freshly painted tank and want to cover it up. I can give you the entry needed.