Thank you!!! Thunderbolt "Track Tour"

CBRtist

Judy mentioned something in the original thread, but I wanted to dedicate a post to this because you all contributed to changing several people's lives forever (for the good).

As you may or may not know, the Sirens Womens Motorcycle Club of NYC and a group of Delaware riders visited us on Sunday for a guided tour and lunch time parade laps. It really made me realize what my niche is in this awesome community and why I do what I do when I saw the enthusiasm and smiles on these people's faces. When they arrived, it was like a bunch of kids had just arrived at an amusement park.

Both days went pretty seamless, despite some changing variables. Gridding up and waiting they were very nervous, but we talked to them while they waited. I said once "When your friends ask what you did this weekend you can say 'I rode my bike on an AMA track. What did YOU do?'" lol.

When they came off and restaged... when those helmets came off... you just saw the amazement in their eyes. It was a whole new world they got to experience without the first track day pressures (or early mornings haha). They sat in on Kris' lunch time riders meeting soaking everything in, meandered around and checked things out at their leisure. The Delaware group stayed for most of the day. The one guy said with a beaming smile "Man... I'm on VACATION!".

Thank you to my extended track family, the Rodio Crew... Kevin, Joe, Nino, Selpe, Justine, Gus, Joe Jr. and Marcello for taking the time to talk to the Delaware crew and show them fast isn't all about big bikes. Their minds were officially blown by those 12/13 year olds. Huge congrats on your Sunday A bumps... I knew you'd get them!!!

I'm not certain whether to apologize or scold the member (white Dainese leathers?) who found his way out to, and rode, with our group on Sunday. Clearly he was confused as I was following in the back and watched him pick through people. At some point he must have realized these people were not wearing typical track gear as he caught up to Judy AND THEN PASSED HER without a wave by (big no-no... even during parade laps!) and then I believe exited the track. She's awaiting your apology :D

Hoping that we can run a few more of these next season depending on our schedule and availability. They were an absolute hit and at least half were hungry to sign up, if not do an intro, with us.

Thank you for your professionalism, friendliness, and truly representing why I work so hard to bring great members into a such great club... or as I posed it to them... "motorcycle college" ;)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Great post, Wendy, I enjoyed working with you on these tours you initiated. The folks who participated were so excited and happy to be here. Pretty sure sure we'll have some new members (aka addicts) soon!