Thanks to Nesba Beaverun 4/17

ysracer

Hey guys - New member here, first track day with NESBA Sunday at the Beav. I had a great time despite the c-c-c-cold weather. I was very favorably impressed with the way things were run. Yinz guys actually follow the written rules to the letter, go figure ! Thanks to the CR's for the help and encouragement, much appreciated !

It was also my first track day in a year and a half, and so obviously first time on track with the new Buell, too. It needs a bit of sorting, for sure. Early in the day it was frightening. I made some adjustments, and now it's pretty good everywhere except climbing the hill out of turn ten. So much torque results in the front wheel skimming the pavement and I'm getting some scary headshake. I ended up short shifting, but it would do the same thing when it started pulling hard again even in third gear. Feels like it needs more weight on the front end, but I'm not quite sure what to do. My brand new FMF exhaust can split wide open during the 5'th session. Carbon and big twins don't mix, apparently. :D Hopefully, FMF will take care of it for me.

Gary, how'd your bike end up naked ?

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
Thanks guys I'm really excited to really step my game up this year and try this whole racing thing. I used to race motocross pretty competitively when I was younger so I understand and love the true competitive edge that comes with racing that really isn't there in trackdays. Hopefully I can keep my learning curve up as high as it has been this past year, I'm pretty excited and proud of getting the A bump with my total trackday count still in the single digits :)

Yank 521

Control Rider
1literduceater;122081 wrote: What what what???????
lol, my buddy wanted to see if he could fly on my zx10. turn seven was take off, turn seven was landing. just as i thought, he couldn't fly. but he sure did slid.

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
stealth 521;122268 wrote: lol, my buddy wanted to see if he could fly on my zx10. turn seven was take off, turn seven was landing. just as i thought, he couldn't fly. but he sure did slid.
Gary,
Actually, turn 6 was the take-off and 7 was the landing! ;) I was glad to hear Bart was all good. It was great to see you out and fun busting your chops all day! See you soon!

1literduceater

ToddG;122289 wrote: Gary,
It was great to see you out and fun busting your chops all day!
I had fun busting his chops too until he passed me going into 1...that was about the time I stopped!

Gary thanks for the help on the GPR....oh one last quick thought for you..... :flipoff: :moon: :flipoff:

1literduceater

ysracer;122138 wrote: Hey guys - New member here, first track day with NESBA Sunday at the Beav. I had a great time despite the c-c-c-cold weather. I was very favorably impressed with the way things were run. Yinz guys actually follow the written rules to the letter, go figure ! Thanks to the CR's for the help and encouragement, much appreciated !

It was also my first track day in a year and a half, and so obviously first time on track with the new Buell, too. It needs a bit of sorting, for sure. Early in the day it was frightening. I made some adjustments, and now it's pretty good everywhere except climbing the hill out of turn ten. So much torque results in the front wheel skimming the pavement and I'm getting some scary headshake. I ended up short shifting, but it would do the same thing when it started pulling hard again even in third gear. Feels like it needs more weight on the front end, but I'm not quite sure what to do. My brand new FMF exhaust can split wide open during the 5'th session. Carbon and big twins don't mix, apparently. :D Hopefully, FMF will take care of it for me.

Gary, how'd your bike end up naked ?
I was having fun watching/listening to that Buell whale around 7 and 8 and then hearing it go through the kink on the back stetch. It would then get quiet until you crested the hill coming down the front straight! Got to love big loudy meaty twins. Congrats on the bump.

Yank 521

Control Rider
thanks for clearing that up todd, guess bart can fly. and for bustin my chops, if thats all you got you better practice bustin chops, lol.... had a good time laughin with you guys. buck even had some good stories. and thanks buck wild on the help turning the knobs on my suspension. lol will see you all soon, really wanna try to make mid-ohio, but don't know if my money tree will be blooming this year. maybe the snow hurt it, lol. will possibly come and be the bike stand bitch again though.

ysracer

1literduceater;122339 wrote: I was having fun watching/listening to that Buell whale around 7 and 8 and then hearing it go through the kink on the back stetch. It would then get quiet until you crested the hill coming down the front straight! Got to love big loudy meaty twins. Congrats on the bump.

Thanks !

rk97

pajixxer;122143 wrote: I'm pretty excited and proud of getting the A bump with my total trackday count still in the single digits :)
you should be proud, but we can't be friends anymore.;)