The BSB Thread

Still very early for the Bennetts BSB race series but thought I'd post the calendar for those of us that follow this series.

Tommy Bridewell switched over to HRC at the end of his 2023 championship season (beating Glenn Irwin by half a point).

Glenn Irwin seems like a super stand up guy so definitely interested in following him this season.
1709086160737.jpeg1709086160737.jpeg

Here'e the link to the racers if interested. Some riders like Glenn Irwin are still securing their seats so the roster isn't complete.

In related news, Glenn Irwin was offered a MotoAmerica seat this season (not sure which team). I can understand him wanting to stay on in BSB another season to win the 2024 championship. One half of a point away last year...the agony!

These highlight videos from the 2023 season are easily digested at 10-15 minutes each.

Best listened to at high volume.

Commentary is top shelf.

Too many epic moments to cite.

The final race of the ‘23 season was intense. Was half rooting for Irwin to take it since I followed his IOMTT progress. But both riders were incredibly strong.

I wonder if part of Irwin’s decision was due to scheduling with Road Racing.

Have you found a way to watch the BSB season here in the states? I briefly looked around, but the YouTube replays seemed the easiest.

Side note: the IOMTT Tv app is an incredible bargain. $20 for the year. Get all the live coverage over the 2 weeks, and tons of docs, interviews and the video feed of the podcast.

Have you found a way to watch the BSB season here in the states?

Side note: the IOMTT Tv app is an incredible bargain. $20 for the year. Get all the live coverage over the 2 weeks, and tons of docs, interviews and the video feed of the podcast.

I haven't. I sent a note to BSB inquiring about a subscription service and I'll post back here with their response when it comes in.

The YouTube channel is great.

It looks like they also post full races on the homepage at https://www.britishsuperbike.com/bsb-tv

Thanks for the tip on the IOMTT Tv bargain!

It really is a bargain when you compare it to F1TV or the MotoGP video pass package etc.

The podcast is excellent too (audio free on Apple/Google etc). Pretty cool format with both racer and never-raced hosts interviewing some of the greats, but also some of the lesser known characters in the sport.

Wonder if this gives him the advantage this year since Bridewell has moved teams. People seem jazzed about the new Fireblade, but the Pannigale is proven since he lost out to his teammate by a hair last year.

I suppose him signing to ride a Ducati again lends itself to him not being back at the IOMTT this year. Shame since he nailed his rookie year with 8th place

In spite of Suzuki pulling out of MotoGP, they’re still going to knock out plenty of race reps in BSB and MotoAmerica this year. Suzuki has figured out how to run a race program on the cheap.

I’m holding out hope that Wayne Rainey and Stuart Higgs rekindle the Transatlantic Trophy series but it’s appearing like the DORNA machine is setting up to gobble Wayne Rainey’s attention in pursuit of the US market while BSB is focused on expansion in the EU.

Season opening test for BSB this weekend at Donington Park.

1712008876858.png
Donington Park is an internationally renowned venue of great historical significance – it hosted its first motorcycle races in 1931 before becoming established as the circuit we know today in the 1970s. The venue has benefitted from a multi-million improvement programme by operator MSV, which also oversees the running of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship. The East Midlands circuit is a spectacular place to watch motor racing, with grandstands and spectator banks overlooking its trademark sweeping curves. Bennetts BSB races on both of the venue’s layouts – the National circuit and Grand Prix layout, incorporating the Melbourne Loop.