Tire Cost at the track

DHak20

Morning,

Wondering what the average tire cost at the track is (DOT not slicks)? I keep overpaying for tires at my local dealer because I am to lazy to buy online and install and balance on my own. I always take my tires off and bring to the dealer but end up paying $600+ and didn't know if it made sense to purchase at the track. I need new tires before the next Pitt race track day, any insight would be great.

Thanks!

Buellguy1125

I Like Weiners
Control Rider
You'll be around 450 mounted and balanced
Honestly not sure on actual price but that about what slicks are and dot aren't much different
You'll just have to pull your rims at the track

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Wow that is $200ish bucks cheaper. Definitely worth pulling rims at the track.
Thanks!
yessir.
If you know which vendor is going to be at your event, you can pre-order what you need and get them there.
The mounting/balancing is included in the price usually.
They also SOMETIMES take the used tires, but plan on taking them home with you for proper disposal over your neighbor's fence.

rpm894

I normally try to tip the tire guys at the track 20-40 bucks when they don’t charge mount fees. Sometimes they take it, sometimes they don’t. Am I the only one that does that? Considering they are on-site, and my local place is 60 each tire to mount plus disposal fees, I feel like they should get something for the work, unless they are making a killer margin on tire sales.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Yeah...with all the track activity this past weekend, the tire guys were spread thin and working their tails off. Quentin Mize had two helpers and was a busy busy bee at Nelson Ledges this weekend.